Cost Engineer (Drillings & Completions) - VR/27608
We are looking for a Cost Engineer for our client, an E&P company based in Kingswells.
Overview job description
Responsibility for all cost control activities related to projects in the D&C domain, including Workover & Interventions (W&I) scopes. Given the substantial capital expenditure and active interventions program, this position plays a crucial role in ensuring effective cost management throughout the organisation.
Primary duties of this role encompass cost estimation for D&C projects at various stages of development, monitoring ongoing operations' expenses, conducting well reconciliations, and performing month-end postings.
The Cost Engineer is a member of the Cost Engineering Team, which handles projects in D&C as well as Engineering & Construction (E&C), operating within the broader finance function.
Reporting to the cost engineering team lead, key stakeholders for this position include D&C and E&C departments, Offshore Assets, the Contracts Team, other internal finance teams, and external entities such as suppliers and Joint Venture auditors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Actively contributing to cost estimation for all upcoming drilling operations, providing support throughout each project's progression through the stage gate process.
- Conducting thorough daily cost tracking for ongoing operations, maintaining cost data in wellview, and delivering weekly status updates to management and joint venture partners.
- Identifying uncertainties in scope to determine growth and contingency allowances, as well as identify risks and opportunities as the project develops.
- Performing well reconciliations after well execution and prior to joint venture audits.
- Preparing monthly reports on the value of work done and provide estimates for the remainder of the year/project.
- Contributing to the annual work program and budget process for assigned work scopes.
- Presenting regular cost performance updates for D&C projects to project and asset management.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of comprehensive cost reporting that supports business decision-making.
- Fostering a continuous improvement mindset to enhance efficiency, effectiveness of processes, and provide value-added reporting.
Applicants to this role require
- Prior experience in Drilling & Completions cost engineering and/or accounting is essential
- Additionally, you may hold a bachelor’s level degree and will either hold an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or similar) or be qualified by equivalent experience.
- You will have significant relevant industry experience with a comprehensive understanding of the North Sea upstream oil and gas industry, combined with extensive knowledge of drilling operations.
- You will be proficient in accounting, particularly in applying SOAPs (Statement of Approved Practice) to an Operator.
- You will have prior experience with SAP systems and be able to will demonstrate your ability to leverage technology for efficient and effective operations.
- You will have exceptional planning abilities to enable you to thrive under time, budget, and resource constraints, effortlessly managing competing work priorities and consistently delivering high-quality work within varying timeframes.
- You will possess strong interpersonal skills, personal drive, and self-motivation, complemented by a commitment to integrity.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a proven track record of engaging effectively with individuals at all organisational levels to.
- You will have strong analytical skills and natural problem-solving abilities.
- You will demonstrate a strong sense of accountability, coupled with a passion for continuous improvement, and be proficient in utilising technology to enhance process controls and drive efficiency.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Working in a supportive team.
- Dynamic environment and work scope.
- Flexible working.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team