Data Performance & Innovation Lead - VR/26023
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to bring in a Data Performance and Innovation Lead to join the Technical Services Team on a contract basis until November 2023 (with the potential of being extended). The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Technology, Data and Innovation Manager (TDI), this role will lead data driven improvement initiatives to investment validation and delivery (depending on delegation requirements), coordinating, and sequencing project scopes, along with any change management activities needed to realise goals and assure value on delivery.
As a visible leader, working with technical leads and data domain owners you will coach/transfer insight and digital competency, raising the digital performance of individuals and teams, bridging between domain experts and the modern digital ecosystem, providing insight to internal and external stakeholders.
Leading the Data Performance & Innovation (DPI) thematic, the job holder has a strategic business partner role, accountable for data driven innovation, seeking to produce high value outcomes aligned with the needs of the business.
Data and digitally competent, the job holder will innovate through the connection of data sets and the use of tools to identifying opportunities of performance improvement.
The role will lead data driven improvement initiatives to investment validation and delivery (depending on delegation requirements), coordinating, and sequencing project scopes, along with any change management activities needed to realise goals and assure value on delivery.
Main duties and responsibilities
Support and Maintain
- Maintaining a business value focus (beyond technical) to develop a Data Driven Performance Strategy. A strategy driven by the connection of discreet data sets to enhance transparency, create data centric autonomous workflows and generate business insight and value from the data landscape.
- Through an innovation process unlock value delivery, capture both internal and externally generated ideas (B2B Relationships) for future Data Driven Performance solutions.
- Supporting and undertaking data analysis to generate insight and determine the value proposition for RUN scale implementation of identified Data Driven Performance solutions.
- Leading the development and deployment of Data Driven Performance solutions, supporting their long-term maintenance and enhancement.
- Supporting SB/Digital programmes, ensure coherence toward the Data Driven Performance Strategy, where appropriate support SB/Digital to produce digital products.
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the latest digital technologies, within a variety of different industries, and how they could be applied within the affiliate as part of the Data Driven Performance Strategy.
Develop and Create
- Developing Data Driven Performance solutions in partnership with Technical Service stakeholders and Data Domain Owners to unlock value through e.g., data management, digital awareness, assessment of risk, business capability or business-2-buiness data continuity.
- Developing data driven improvement initiatives for investment validation, ensuring plans are costed with clear milestones and KPIs to assure Company value.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders necessary to achieve delivery against the Data Driven Performance Strategy.
Promote and Collaborate
- Leading stakeholder engagements (present) to inform, influence, and articulate how data driven technology solutions deliver improved performance, articulate prioritised examples and analogues already investigated/evaluated, be an agent for change.
- Promoting build-out of the Central Data Platform (CDP) and other Data Centric Platforms e.g. Digital Twins, to the benefit of Innovation.
- Coaching/transferring insight and digital competency, raising the digital performance of individuals and teams, bridging between domain experts and the modern digital ecosystem, providing insight to internal and external stakeholders.
- Key Stakeholders: TDM Leader, IS Manager, Digital Manager, Asset and 3rd Party Contractual Partners
- Internal: Technology Partner, Data Domain Owners, Technical Managers, and Asset Performance Managers, all Assets, Technical Services, SB Digital, IS Teams and HQ OneTech/DataTech.
- External: Third parties’ services provider, UK Organisation NSTA, OEUK, NZTC and Catapults and National institute for data science and artificial intelligence
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills are required with the ability to effectively influence stakeholder relationships.
- Behavioural skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientated, team player.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and to contribute as part of a team.
- A proven track record of being a team player with leadership potential.
- Capacity to manage complex projects and activities.
- Proven experience in data analytics with the ability to translate data into tangible business improvements and initiatives. Ideally having significant experience in applied Data Science with strong understanding of underlying systems and data.
- Proven experience of project management, with a track record of delivering organisational change and improvement programmes which leverage the latest technologies.
- Proven knowledge of data modelling techniques and cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (MS Azure components).
- Proven knowledge of data quality methods and processes and experience of driving improvement through collaboration.
- Proven experience of working within a dynamic Agile based team or willingness to learn Agile methodologies.
- Proven knowledge Systems integration linking desperate information platforms.
- Software Development Knowledge.
- Be qualified to degree level with wide industry knowledge, ideally experienced within several technical disciplines.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team