Desktop Support Engineer - VR/23302
Long-established, industry leading technology company working in the energy sector has a fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer. Based in Dyce, this varied role will give the successful candidate the chance to contribute to the overall goals of the organisation by assisting staff with technical support of computers, applications, telephony, and associated technology.
The company is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to assist staff in their Aberdeen base, field operations and remote locations with technical support of computers, applications, telephony, and associated technology. This includes installation, testing, fault finding and repair of computer systems and peripherals. They will also be required to deal with all tickets up to second line support and third line where possible.
Principal duties and responsibilities
The Desktop Support Engineer will be required to:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Assist the helpdesk technician in resolving incidents and problems.
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals.
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or a related discipline. Alternatively, the candidate will possess 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments, and Microsoft 365.
- Working knowledge of typical office equipment and computer peripherals, e.g. printers and scanners.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Knowledge of telephony systems and remote support solutions.
- Customer-oriented attitude. A good understanding of interfacing techniques, and communication protocols would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team