Document Controller - VR/23748
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
In your role as Document Controller, you’ll be responsible for supporting all aspects of document control within a project, ensuring systems, processes, and reporting requirements for both internal and external clients are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a comprehensive document control system, as required to fulfil the requirements of any specific project.
- Ensuring all documentation, drawings and specifications are up to date and at the correct revision.
- Responsibility for project document as built and archiving documentation.
- Acting as the contact person for the document control system within projects.
- Presenting document control processes and systems at the kick-off of new projects and to new project employees.
- Participating in the discussion of the “Subcontractor Document Register” during project and supplier kick-off meetings.
- Assisting the Document Control Team Leader in maintaining a consistent controlled approach to document control processes.
- Ensuring compliance with company procedures and contractually agreed conditions.
- Responsibility for assisting with archiving of project documents, ensuring that retained information is in date and relevant.
- Participating in internal audits as directed.
- Acting as the focal point for all project documentation, accounting for all documentation received and transmitted.
- Ensuring that all project documentation is controlled and expediently distributed as per the specific distribution requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting of document status by the use of reporting tools.
- Ensuring that internal departments produce documentation within the MDR planned dates.
- Supplying documentation for mobilisation and for compiling manuals as appropriate for as-built review etc.
- Using reports, advise the client, subcontractor, Project Manager and team members on a weekly basis, the status of documents and comments internally and externally.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience in a similar Document Controller role, ideally within a subsea oil and gas environment. You’ll need excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills, as well as competence in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team