Electrical Technician - VR/23280
In support of operations and project activities, the Electrical Technician will be responsible for the installation, integration and maintenance of various types of electrical installations.
The installation and maintain electrical power equipment, motor and motor control circuits also form part a key part of the job including the installation of strut support structures and cable containment systems.
The candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of electrical, process control and systems engineering with a comprehensive understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems together with a good understanding of mechanical engineering principals.
The candidate will demonstrate previous experience, sound knowledge and understanding of low and medium voltage systems, AC/DC motor drives, along with knowledge of SCADA/MMI systems.
- Installing electrical equipment to IEC60079-14.
- Inspecting and testing equipment to IEC60079-17 including the production of red-line marked as-built documentation and test records.
- Servicing and repairing all equipment to IEC60079-19.
- Programming, fault finding and commissioning PLC control systems.
- Electrical fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Commissioning electrical installations to applicable procedures and standards.
- QA responsibilities and signing off certificates.
- Making a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of Health, Safety and Environmental policies and processes.
- Making a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Ensuring client project / work scopes are completed in line with Company/Client Agreed procedures.
- Mobilisation to site when required to carry out electrical installation and commissioning & maintenance activities.
- Being responsible for knowing and understanding the Integrity Management Department targets and objectives
- Carrying out all the relevant administrative duties including test reports and as built drawings.
- Keeping any filing/admin/databases up to date.
- Adopting a “no surprises rule” and to ensure delivery against agreed objectives and targets.
Continuous Improvement / Personal Development
- Being responsible for knowing and understanding your company targets and objectives.
- Being responsible for understanding, agreeing and achieving personal objectives set by Line Manager.
- Adhering to the procedures as detailed in the HSE Management System and Quality Management System.
- Adhering to the procedures as laid down by the Human Resource Management System and to take an active part in the Performance Management Process and the Competence and Training Programme.
- Completing timesheets, where required, on a timely basis.
- Putting forward any suggestions for improvements.
- Attending formal Team Briefings when requested in your own time.
- Being a team member and actively promote communication and information sharing.
- HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- COMPEX (01 – 04) Gas & Vapours.
- C&G 2382-18 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition).
- HND in electrical engineering.
- COMPEX (07 & 08) Fuel Forecourts.
- Relevant, previous experience of working with hazardous area equipment environment.
- Experience of carrying out installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Electrical systems
- Completion of test documentation packs.
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of low and medium voltage systems, AC/DC motor drives, PLC, along with knowledge of SCADA/MMI systems.
- Experience working in an Oil and Gas Service Company environment.
- Experience in renewable energy market.
- Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and administration skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional and focused approach at all times, in particular, in customer facing situations.
- Keen and effective attention to detail.
- Knowledge of materials and processes used within Offshore/Onshore oil and gas and Marine operations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team