Electronics Design Engineer - VR/27393
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Altens, Aberdeen.
The Electronics Design Engineer will be responsible for hardware design, PCB layout, fabrication and testing of critical applications across the company’s technologies.
Reporting to the Electronics Team Lead & Technical Authority, the Electronics Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Hardware design for critical application on company tools.
- Analogue and digital design, including multilayer FPGA PCBs for high-speed applications, microprocessors / microcontrollers, programmable logic and PCB design.
- Designing EMC, schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium Designer.
- Selecting components for the development of printed circuit boards and components.
- PCB design and fault finding.
- Component level troubleshooting.
- Electronic assembly, test, tool building and QA.
- Creating and peer reviewing functional design specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams, GA drawings, BOMs and test specifications as per guidelines.
- In-field duties where required.
- Providing technical support, guidance and development on a job-by-job basis.
- Contributing to team in identifying areas of growth and generating new business within the marketplace through maximising new opportunities.
- Adhering to QHSE standards and policy.
- Tool documentation.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in electronics engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Hardware design experience for high critical application.
- Experience with analogue and digital design.
- Good understanding of IPC levels and ability to detect PCB soldering defects to IPC Level 3.
- Capable of performing component level troubleshooting.
- Experience of electronic assembly, component testing and tool building.
- Experience across a breadth of electronics, including hardware design, PCB layout, fabrication and testing.
- Understanding of electronic design for ATEX operated tools / ATEX regulations.
- Firmware programming experience using C language.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team