Environmental Advisor - VR/25981
Join an ambitious oil and gas operator who are currently looking for an Environmental Advisor to join their team on a permanent staff basis. The role is based at their office in Aberdeen however, there is a hybrid structure in place also.
Reporting to the Environmental and Sustainability Lead, as the Environmental Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing daily environmental support to Operations, Drilling and Wells, Project and Engineering and other functional teams.
- Initiating, leading and following up environmental data systems and internal and external reporting. Reporting includes communication with the relevant authorities.
- Initiating, performing (if required) and following-up relevant analyses, studies and development of relevant plans within the area of environment (e.g., risk analysis and impact assessments). This includes analyses relevant for oil pollution emergency plans.
- Proactively working to identify and drive implementation of improvements (e.g., emissions reduction plans) and liaising with the HSEQ dept., locally and corporately, to resolve.
- Contributing and participating in the development of processes, systems and methods to be used within the area of environmental management.
- Maintaining management system documents and processes to ensure certification to ISO14001 and 50001 is maintained.
- Developing, overseeing and actively participating in environmental audits, both internal and supporting external audits, including completion of regular offshore audits.
- Ensuring appropriate selection and management of contractor companies, taking account of environmental considerations.
- Travelling to offshore locations to conduct investigations, training, audits and accompanying regulatory inspections as required.
- Communicating up-to-date environmental knowledge to the organisation ensuring the appropriate application of this knowledge.
- Ensuring all environmental incidents and near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action taken and lessons learned.
- Working to ensure timely close out of all relevant Synergi actions, and ensuring IMS documentation related to environmental work scopes is maintained up to date.
- Ensuring that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and the requirements of GOIMS element 8 – Environmental Stewardship.
- Acting as focal point for liaising with environmental regulatory bodies (BEIS, Environment Agency/SEPA).
- Representing the company at appropriate industry forums (e.g., Oil & Gas UK).
- Supporting the Emergency Response organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
- Interface with Operations, Project and Drilling and Wells Teams.
- Interfacing with HSEQ colleagues in other geographical areas.
- Interfacing with OPRED, Environment Agency, Scottish Environment Protection Agency and other institutes (e.g. Fisheries Liaison duties).
- Possesses a relevant University degree (BSc required; MSc preferred).
- Relevant experience in Environmental management within the Oil & Gas industry (preferred). Consideration will be given to individuals with transferable environmental experience.
- Environmental Experience within an oil and gas operator would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team