Facilities Manager – Part-Time - VR/22555
**Exclusive** Opportunity to join a busy third sector organisation as Facilities Manager. This stand-alone position is required on a permanent basis with the incumbent being responsible for around 100 properties. This role will be for c20 hours per week and previous experience in a Facilities Manager role would be essential for this position. Candidates will be required to drive between various locations in Aberdeen City / Shire and access to a car, alongside a full UK driving licence would be essential.
The appointment of Facilities Manager on a permanent basis is a key appointment for this well-respected organisation. It is the purpose of this role to manage the general upkeep and maintenance of around 100 different properties over multiple sites.
This role will be worked on a part-time basis of c20 hours per week. There is a level flexibility to the exact working pattern.
Typical duties and responsibilities are noted below:
- Acting as liaison between the teams and sites.
- Providing detailed progress reports to the management team on a monthly basis or as otherwise agreed.
- Maintaining project information filing system.
- Carrying out regular reviews for safety and compliance and to identify any upgrades necessary.
- Identifying, co-ordinating and maintaining contact details for an approved range of contractors i.e. electrical, plumbing, building etc to ensure timely, competitive and quality of repairs work and /or small property projects: be the liaison with these contractors.
- Proactively managing contractors across multiple locations.
- Developing maintenance plans and making recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Ensuring safe access to properties in the event of extreme weather such as heavy snow or minor floods.
- Maintaining statutory records for all properties.
- Making sure that the buildings comply and meet health and safety standards and legal requirements.
- Managing refurbishment, renovations and office moves.
Essential requirements include:
- A full UK drivers licence and access to a car would be essential as travel between different sites in Aberdeen City / Shire would be required.
- Comprehensive IT skills and CAD experience would be advantageous.
- Practical knowledge and experience of land and building management.
- Document control experience would be beneficial and preferred where possible.
This role provides a varied work life and the chance to be part of a valuable and meaningful third sector organisation.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team