Finance Analyst - VR/23240
Fantastic opportunity for a Part Qualified Finance Assistant/Analyst to join a newly established and rapidly growing company-based South of Aberdeen near Laurencekirk. This is an opportunity to work in a Group focused position with a portfolio of companies across hospitality and agriculture. This position would suit an individual looking to grow their career with 2-3 years+ experience in a similar role with exposure to reporting, assisting with budgets, analysis of cashflow, transactions and assisting in the establishment of setting up new processes.
Reporting initially to the CFO, your duties will include:
Main duties and responsibilities
- Initially reporting directly to the CFO, help develop and deliver the Finance contribution to a growing Group of companies.
- Reporting: contribute in the design and development and compilation of regular Finance, Cost and Performance Reports to the CFO, Business Managers and the Board.
- Budgeting: Assist in the compilation of periodic budgets.
- Business Analysis: Ad-hoc analyses of Business performance as required primarily focussing on cashflow, costs and opportunities to improve profitability.
- Transaction Accounting: manage transactions in the Group’s Xero Accounting application.
- Cash management: Track bank balances to ensure sufficient cash for business activities.
- Processes, Procedures and Controls: Assisting in building on existing processes to bring greater control to Finance processes e.g. Establish use of Purchase Orders for forthcoming projects.
- Regularly and fully engaging with the business managers, accounting/administrative staff, suppliers, and external auditors in delivering responsibilities.
- Part Qualified in ACCA, CIMA or alternative.
- 2-3+ years similar experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Very personable, good communication skills.
- Requires an ambitious, driven individual with a keen interest in a growth opportunity.
- Prior experience of using Xero is useful but not essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team