Finance Analyst - VR/23876
Finance Analyst required on a full time, permanent basis for a global oil and gas service provider based across 2 sites in Angus. The ideal candidate will have a background working within a financial accounting environment ideally working towards a professional accountancy qualification with experience using ERP systems. Knowledge of SOX reporting is desirable and a working knowledge of financial analysis and reporting is essential.
This role will assist the local Management Team with reporting, analysis and presentation of monthly financial numbers. Working closely with Management at operations sites across Aberdeen, Montrose and Forfar to calculate monthly percentage of completion numbers, assist with commercial queries and any financial, planning and reporting queries as they arise.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Reporting, analysis and presentation on actual, forecast and plan numbers.
- To calculate and review POC calculations regularly with the business.
- To review work orders costs on a monthly basis prior to POC calculations being made.
- To review aged WIP and provide commentary to the business to ensure Work orders are being completed on a timely basis.
- Guide cost analysis.
- To look at process improvements in terms of reporting.
- Assist the FC to establish an effective forecasting process.
- Proactively analyse cost trends within the P&Ls.
- Provide training to budget holders.
- To liaise with managers on their input for monthly and annual planning, load and review.
- To complete submissions of monthly financials including variance / other analysis schedules.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plan and forecasts.
- Improve financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends.
- Work closely with key stakeholders.
- To provide UK Financial Controller and UK and Norway Aftermarket FP&A manager with financial information as required.
- To constantly review for continual improvement, systems and procedures in relation to financial reporting.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team