Finance Manager - VR/25884
Finance Manager with an energy service company based in Aberdeen. This is a key role reporting to the Regional Controller to deliver financial and management reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities
Accounting and Reporting
- Compiling and analysing financial information to prepare journal entries to accounts.
- Preparing, analysing and interpreting management accounts to the highest standard in order to provide meaningful, relevant and actionable information. Writing narrative for monthly management accounts. Performing month end and year end closing to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reviewing, investigating, and correcting errors and inconsistencies. Critically reviewing and challenging operational results to ensure completeness and accuracy of all information in line with company accounting and reporting policies.
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Other Analysis
- Assisting with preparing annual statutory accounts, including liaising with external auditors.
- Ensuring all financial transactions are in accordance with applicable financial reporting standards.
- Assisting with preparing quarterly forecasts and annual budget, together with accompanying commentary regarding variances and exposures.
- Preparing quarterly VAT return.
- Liaising with External Advisors on preparing annual corporation tax return.
- Liaising as necessary on fiscal exposures.
- Ensuring compliance with group internal control guidelines.
- Monitoring financial transactions.
- Undertaking periodic audits of fixed assets (including impairment review), inventory, and other assets as required.
- Documenting key processes and recommending process improvements.
- Preparing CAPEX requests in line with group / divisional requirements.
Applicants to this role require
- Qualified Accountant with ideally 3-5 years post qualification experience.
- Preference for oil and gas industry experience.
- Strong technical experience.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team