Financial Reporting Accountant - VR/25712
Opportunity to work with a leading E&P company who are continuing to grow.
Overview job description
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Quarterly and year-end Group financial reporting including;
- Preparing IFRS compliant financial statements;
- Preparing quarterly board papers;
- Preparing cashflow and working capital analysis for internal management review packs;
- Reviewing all balance sheet and income statement categories on a rotational basis amongst the team; and
- Analytical review on key account movement and balances for input into internal Management review packs.
- Preparing Statutory accounts using IFRS.
- Accounting for significant areas for example revenue, derivatives, decommissioning.
- Responding to financial inquiries from senior management by gathering and interpreting data.
- Focal point for external auditors.
- Contributing to the development of a monthly management reporting pack.
- Managing schedule for all filing deadlines and assist to close all procedures and
- ensuring compliance to procedural and reporting standards.
- Providing assistance to manage all ad-hoc projects and assisting management on all
- accounting activities.
- Supporting the continued development of the financial system.
Applicants to this role require
- Qualified accountant of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Ideally training gained within an accountancy practice or appropriate industry experience.
- Requires detailed technical knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset.
- Self-motivated and quick learner able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to build networks and influence.
- Commercial awareness.
- Flexibility and ability to juggle several demands at once.
- Team player.
- Strong experience in SAP and excel, to an advanced level of data manipulation.
What’s in it for me?
- To work for a leading and growing E&P company.
- Excellent benefits package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team