Firmware Engineer - VR/24648
TMM Recruitment is working with a well-established, industry leading technology company operating in the energy sector who has a fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join their team. Based in Dyce, this exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate to design, develop and test firmware for downhole and surface tools as well as being responsible for full firmware development life-cycle. The company develops their own firmware in-house.
The ideal candidate will design, develop and test firmware for downhole and surface tools as well as being responsible for full firmware development life-cycle. The company develops their own firmware in-house.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with writing embedded C code on 8/16 bit microcontrollers. At least 3 years commercial experience would be ideal, however outstanding candidates with less experience will be considered.
- Have completed complex coding projects in the past and can show an example of this.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements and pitfalls experienced when designing code for microcontrollers, especially considering the conditions that Metrol tools are subject to.
- Reasonable understanding of digital electronics and to the lesser degree analogue electronics. This includes following circuit diagrams and usage of tools such as oscilloscopes etc.
- Familiarity with software design concepts and practices. This includes usage of source control, issue tracking systems and managing software releases.
- Lateral thinking. Having the ability to come up with unusual solutions to design challenges that have significant advantages over conventional designs.
- Custom algorithm design. Good at mathematics.
- Teamwork. Enjoys working as part of a small design team of experts.
- Communicates well cross-functionally with their peers. This includes firmware support to other Engineers, Technicians and field staff.
- Is pro-active and takes ownership of their projects and drives them to completion. Is capable of juggling the pressures of tight delivery times and managing to keep focus on the high priority items.
- Must be able to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Degree qualified in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or similar.
All levels of industry experience will be considered – this includes candidates at a junior and senior level. The company are recruiting for the right person, rather than requiring a prescribed amount of experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team