Global Head of Environmental & Sustainability - VR/26502
Incredible opportunity for any ambitious environmental professionals to join an oil and gas operator as a Global Head of Environment & Sustainability on a permanent staff basis. Due to being a global role, candidates can be based in Aberdeen, London, Stravanger or the Hague. Excellent salary and package on offer.
Reporting directly to the Director of Global HSEQ, as the Global Head of Environmental & Sustainability you will have the following main duties and responsibilities;
- Fulfilling a key role in the company’s framework of managing environmental and sustainability performance in all activities, providing the Director of Global HSEQ with technical and organisational support.
- Line manager for Group Environmental & Sustainability personnel.
- Actively contributing to the development, coordination and delivery of the group environmental and sustainability strategy and continual improvement plan, with oversight of local adaptations to confirm alignment with regulatory requirements, industry best practices and group standards and guidelines, ultimately designed to drive performance improvements in environmental and sustainability performance.
- Working to enhance group environmental standards and data management processes, driving opportunities to improve environmental performance across oil and gas and new energy activities.
- Actively engaging with, supports, and challenges country environmental and sustainability personnel in line with HSEQ and technical services functional objectives.
Works closely with country Environmental & Sustainability Teams to ensure that:
- Duplication of effort is minimised.
- All parties remain aligned.
- Support to drive performance improvements is provided. Specific interaction with NAAP countries to provide direct environmental and sustainability support.
- Ensuring the company’s integrated management system arrangements are suitable and sufficient in line with a process of continual improvement.
- Ensuring specific processes and governing documents are available through the company’s integrated management system, are valid, and demonstrate compliance with changes in legislation and Company Directives.
- Directly supporting in development and coordination of the management system certification process (ISO Standards) across all operations.
- Assisting in development and coordination of the company’s environmental and sustainability audit program, specifically from a group team perspective, alongside providing oversight of country audit arrangements where required.
- Conducting incident investigations, root cause analysis, as well as incident reviews and learning from incidents sessions, and providing follow up reports, lessons learned and safe operating practice solutions – note, this includes audits / scheduled visits to operational assets onshore and offshore.
- Conducting audits, managing audit arrangements by third parties, and ensuring group environmental and sustainability actions are effectively closed-out – note, this includes audits / scheduled visits to operational assets onshore and offshore.
- Coaching, advising and assisting personnel whenever required, including presenting and providing training.
- Ensuring timely reporting in line with company requirements.
Key experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in science / engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications / certifications in HSEQ or hydrocarbon processing related subjects.
- Previous relevant experience in HSEQ, covering operations alongside drilling and wells / projects.
- Supervisory skills, ideally with experience of supervising / mentoring personnel.
- Possesses demonstrable advanced knowledge of environmental and sustainability management within the energy sector.
- Advanced knowledge of HSEQ management systems, incident management systems, incident and HSEQ auditing techniques.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team