HSE Advisor – VR/25234
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis, for an aviation company based in Dyce, Aberdeen, with a preferable start date of July 2022. Some remote working may be possible but it will mainly be an office / site-based role.
Working a 40-hour week, the HSE Advisor will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance in the effective management, development and implementation of HSE standards.
The HSE Advisor will have the main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring HSE standards are effectively implemented and maintained to meet all applicable legislation.
- Maintaining contact with relevant authorities, ISO certification body, clients and other operators; monitoring subcontracted activities in relation to HSE matters.
- Monitoring the performance of HSE standards through timely completion of internal audits, inspections and trend analysis.
- Management of any arising non-conformities, HSE reports, observations, near-misses and remedial actions.
- Leading HSE investigations and providing investigation support and guidance for relevant departmental investigations.
- Providing periodic reports to Management for HSE performance.
- Co-ordinating environmental aspects and impacts processes.
- Providing guidance and direction to Management Teams and employees about HSE standards, legislation, ISO 14001 and ISO45001.
- Providing HSE subject matter expertise when assisting departmental teams in the completion of risk assessments and liaising with the Departmental Teams for all HSE matters as appropriate.
- Presenting HSE data for departmental Safety Action Groups (SAGs) and Safety and Quality Review Board (SQRB).
- Ongoing development and implementation of the HSE improvement plan, HSE key performance indicators and objectives and targets.
- Co-ordinating and developing HSE training programmes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5 years operational experience in a similar HSE role.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals or similar level qualification.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or similar level qualification.
- Experience of ISO14001 and ISO45001 systems, certification and auditing.
- Grad IOSH Membership and actively working towards IOSH Chartered Membership.
- Experience in a similar role within the aviation sector.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team