HSE Advisor - VR/25702
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Contractor based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The HSE Advisor will support UK Subsea and Conventional activities, as part of the UK and Global IRM (UKGIRM) business unit. Reporting to the HSE Team Lead, the HSE Advisor will support current and future projects and business activities through the coordination and effective implementation of HSE tools, principles and objectives. Reasonable planned travel to vessels and works sites may be required.
The HSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring adequate HSE visibility throughout the life-cycle of projects, continuously driving improvement of the HSE culture.
- Promoting and ensuring compliance with Regulatory HSE requirements, Company Policies & Procedures and Client HSE requirements.
- Preparing and participating in emergency response preparedness exercises.
- Supporting HSE deliverables for tenders.
- Communicating HSE matters to the wider HSE team.
- Supporting Company Worksite Health Check Programme.
- Conducting HSE audits.
- Provide project personnel with appropriate environmental advice and support, whilst liaising with Company environmental specialists.
- Liaise with Offshore personnel on Vessel Assurance, as appropriate.
- Awareness of significant environmental aspects pertaining to project vessels, and ensuring project hazardous substance assessments are in place.
Project and Operations:
- Assuming responsibility as HSE Advisor on individual projects.
- Supporting Engineering discipline with application of the HIRA process.
- Engaging with worksite management teams and supporting operations.
- Delivery of HSE briefings.
- Monitoring and review of project HSE performance.
- Supporting the implementation of key performance indicators.
- Increasing HSE awareness through delivery of training modules.
- Facilitating the co-ordination of vessel assurance between projects and clients.
- Supporting projects and worksites with incident investigations.
- Monitoring incident reporting and close out.
- Preparing and maintaining project specific HSE documentation.
- Supporting the facilitation of lessons learned into project planning.
Clients & Suppliers:
- Participating in Client HSE liaison meetings.
- Following up on Client feedback, addressing any HSE issues as necessary.
- Participating in supplier HSE liaison meetings.
- Monitoring supplier HSE performance.
- Providing HSE support for supplier pre-qualification, assessments and frame agreement.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Applicants will be expected to hold a NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
- Chartered member of IOSH (or actively working towards CMISOH) would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be qualified and experienced Lead Auditors.
- Training in Taproot, or a similar incident investigation analysis tool, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar HSE Advisor role, within the Subsea sector, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a broad range of subsea operations knowledge.
- Experience of working on diving projects would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team