HSE Lead - VR/26835
Join a growing Aviation company as a HSE Lead on a permanent staff basis. This is a full time role based in Dyce, Aberdeen. Aviation experience would be preferred but is not essential!
Reporting to the Aviation Safety & Assurance Manager, as HSE Lead, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring company HSE standards are effectively implemented and maintained to meet all applicable legislation.
- Maintaining contact with relevant authorities (normally the UK HSE, SEPA and the Environment Agency), ISO certification body, clients, and other operators; monitoring subcontracted activities in relation to HSE matters.
- Advocating for continuous improvement of the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) and Policy for the occupational health and safety / environment elements.
- Liaising with the Safety & Compliance Team, Leadership Team, Managers, external parties, and all other relevant personnel to ensure that a consistent standardised approach to HSE is maintained.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Monitoring Manager, monitoring the performance of HSE standards through timely completion of internal audits and assessment of the results of internal / external compliance audits and trending.
- Managing any arising non-conformities and corrective and preventative actions.
- Leading occupational health, safety, and environmental investigations and providing investigation support for departmental investigations.
- Providing periodic reports to the Aviation Safety & Assurance Manager and Leadership Team on HSE performance.
- Providing guidance and direction to management teams and employees with regard to safety, health and environmental standards, legislation, ISO 14001 and ISO45001.
- Monitoring HSE based Q-Pulse reports and where necessary ensuring that appropriate follow up action is taken.
- Providing HSE subject matter expertise to departmental teams and assisting, when necessary, in the completion of risk assessments and liaising with the Departmental teams for all HSE matters as appropriate.
- Delivering HSE data for departmental Safety Action Groups (SAGs) and Safety Review Board (SRB).
- Managing the occupational health surveillance programme (in conjunction with HR).
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts reviews.
- 5 years operational experience in a similar HSE Manager/Advisor role (essential).
- Minimum Tech IOSH Membership and actively working towards IOSH Chartered Membership (essential).
- NEBOSH Diploma or similar level alternative qualification e.g., degree or post-graduate (essential).
- Experience of ISO14001 and ISO45001 systems and certification, including internal auditor competence(essential).
- Good working knowledge of IT systems e.g., Microsoft Teams, Word, PPT and Excel etc. (essential).
- Experience in a similar role, within the aviation sector (advantageous).
- Safety Management System formal training and experience (advantageous).
- Formal investigation/root cause training (advantageous).
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team