HSEQ Advisor (Maternity Cover) - VR/24969
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSEQ Advisor on a maternity cover contract basis for an oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. The contract duration will likely be 12-14 months - the client is aiming for a June start to allow time for a handover and there will likely be a handover towards the end of the contract when the current incumbent returns from maternity leave. This role will be supporting the Offshore Division, so occasional offshore travel to their offshore sites will be required. Therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
Reporting to the Global QHSE Manager, the HSEQ Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Offshore Division.
- Ensuring that the day to day systems of work and culture onsite are continuously improved and aligned to achieve the Group objectives of Zero Lost Time Incidents and minimising other incidents and NCRs.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the wider Management Team, all staff adheres to all relevant HSEQ management system procedures, work instructions and safe systems of work.
- Ensuring compliance with regulation and clients / regulators requirements.
- Completing and submitting onshore HSEQ statistics monthly for inclusion within the overall company monthly statistics.
- As a key member of the Site Management Team contributing to the continuing development and commercial success of the business unit.
- Providing assistance to Group HSEQ as required.
- Ensuring effective communication of all HSEQ matters to local management and personnel, Group HSEQ and relevant third parties.
- Continuous development and implementation of the Management System through safe systems of work, specifically incorporating HSEQ procedures, policies, work instructions and risk assessments for sites – in conjunction with Group HSEQ and Project Managers.
- Attending all relevant regular calls with the remote sites to ensure compliance with the required HSEQ standards and that HSEQ support and advice is given.
- Attending and contributing to all relevant HAZID and HAZOPs, or similar, to ensure that the HSEQ requirements are developed for the project.
- Working with project teams to ensure safe and effective campaigns from start to finish.
- Ensuring that all HSE incidents, accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner, investigated and suitable actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working with clients on any incident investigations and share learnings with clients, as required.
- Delivering effective communication to the Site Teams with regard to HSEQ performance, learning outcomes and improvement actions.
- In conjunction with the QA HSE System Auditor, complete formal audits and inspections to meet the requirements of the group audit programme.
- Working with the wider HSEQ Team, work to develop Group standard documents and assessments.
- Assisting Group HSEQ;
- In the development of HSEQ procedures, policies and standards that form the Group HSEQ Management System;
- By undertaking health and safety audits and inspections at Group sites and offices; and
- With provision of HSEQ reporting related to sites.
- Assisting in the continued development of a safety culture on company sites and within the Group.
- As required, seeking support and advice on Health and Safety aspects from Group HSEQ.
- Providing cover, as required, for the Onshore Sites HSE Advisor.
- Training in relevant HSEQ aspects, such as risk assessments and auditing.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualification.
- Accident Investigation.
- Internal Auditor qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar HSEQ Advisor type role within the oil and gas industry.
- Proven track record in the review and creation of HSEQ procedures, policies, work instructions, risk assessments etc.
- Experience of identifying, interpreting and implementing relevant HSEQ legislation and standards.
- Experience of working with externally certified HSEQ management systems.
- A degree qualification.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Taproot Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis experience / training.
- ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 auditing qualification.
- Working knowledge of sites with PPC requirements.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team