HSEQ Manager - VR/21888
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSEQ Manager on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. Based on the location, access to a car and a full Driving Licence is essential for this position. This role would suit an individual who has previously held a similar role directly with an SME / service company (within the oil and gas industry), and who can communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, covering both the office and the workshop. The company is looking to take on an individual with excellent communication skills, who applies a proactive and hands-on approach towards their work. Any previous experience with the implementation of a Quality Management System would be of particular benefit.
Reporting to the CEO, the HSEQ Manager will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the HSEQ subject matter expert and focal point across the group.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, to take a proactive role in ensuring optimal HSEQ systems and processes are in place.
- Acting as the point of contact with all external certification bodies relevant to the business, and ensuring continuity of accreditations are in place at all times.
- Bringing to the attention of management, changes in HSEQ requirements - either legislative or other - and any associated legislative breaches or non-conformities.
- Developing and chairing health and safety committee meetings, and ensuring that the minutes of these meetings are distributed to all parties and that actions are followed up.
- Monitoring and controlling HSEQ training and conducting / creating safety inductions for any new personnel, visitors, temporary staff and contractors. Ensuring that all management, supervision and safety representatives are trained, in order to understand and support safe operations.
- Drawing up and maintaining a schedule of internal audits, covering all quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, and assessing compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Maintaining all quality documentation, including the quality manual, procedures and process maps and standard forms, and ensuring these are being accessed and utilised in a proactive manner.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting performance against KPIs, objectives and targets, and reporting to the management team in that capacity.
- Collating, logging and analysing customer feedback - both proactively and reactively - and in terms of positive feedback and complaints.
- Following up on audit findings and non-conformances with the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the implementation of the health and safety management system, and monitoring the effectiveness of it.
- Maintaining the technical library, ensuring that the company has access to all relevant / latest revisions of BS Standards, Technical Codes and Guides, etc.
- Liaising with all business divisions to identify high risk activities and to conduct risk assessments with them. Ensuring that all relevant staff understand their roles and responsibilities and manage it safely.
- Assisting Design Engineers in producing equipment risk assessments for compliance with ATEX and Machinery / Pressure Equipment Directives.
- Providing commercial support to various areas of the business during tendering and supplier approval processes.
- NEBOSH General Certificate and NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate.
- Internal Auditor qualification.
- Quality Control / Management certificate i.e. Six Sigma.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- A Degree qualification in an Engineering, or Health & Safety related, discipline.
- Previous experience in an HSEQ Manager / Senior HSEQ Advisor type role within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Demonstrable experience of completing internal audits.
- Demonstrable experience with quality management and control activities.
- Previous experience in the implementation of an efficient / effective Quality Management System.
- Experience with lifting and testing activities.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team