HSEQ Specialist - VR/22176
A fantastic and unique opportunity has become available for a HSEQ Specialist which is to be based in Fort William on a permanent basis within a newly acquired and ever-growing company. The role will suit a NEBOSH qualified candidate looking for a fresh challenge who can grow with the business long term, developing and maintaining the Quality Management System, writing safety processes and procedures across all HSE specialist areas, providing health and safety training and advice and liaising with regulatory bodies. The ideal candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 accreditations, have experience within a manufacturing environment and a good working relationship with HSE and SEPA
The HSEQ Specialist provides advice on health, safety, environment, and quality matters whilst assisting managers to minimise risk. Developing, creating, maintaining, and improving the HSEQ standards across the business.
- Advising Managers, Supervisors, and employees on a range of specialist areas including but not limited to environment, hazardous substances, noise, manual handling, vibration, occupational hygiene, and quality controls.
- Assisting and supporting management and departments to ensure compliance with company requirements and procedures and government health, safety and environment legislation and regulations.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies, HSE, SEPA and any other appropriate organisation as required.
- Participating in investigation and analysis of incidents, near misses and contributing to corrective actions.
- Supporting departmental training and development regarding health, safety and environmental responsibilities whilst looking for areas for improvement and strengthening the HSE culture.
- In participation with departmental managers, conducting reviewing and updating risk assessments.
- Developing and maintaining the HSEQ management system.
- Contributing to the ongoing management of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certifications.
- Carrying out internal audits and supporting external HSE, SEPA and certification bodies audits.
- Compiling and providing reports for the business and departments including supporting the development of statistics, targets, and objectives as required.
- Carrying out health, safety, environment and quality training and inductions as required.
- Assisting and supporting the security management personnel on site.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Environmental qualification and industrial hygiene qualification or willing to work towards.
- ISO Auditor qualification – ideally lead auditor trained.
- Previous experience in am HSEQ position in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation especially relating to an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- Understanding of ISO management systems standards, ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Strong level of competence in literacy, numeracy, IT skills and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally audiences.
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to work for an ever-growing, future safe environment.
- Training and benefits.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team