Health and Safety Advisor - VR/26220
Join an oil and gas operator who are currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor on 12-month contract basis with the potential for extension. This is an onshore role based in Kingswells, Aberdeen, however there will be an Ad-Hoc requirement for offshore travel.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Team Lead, as the Health and Safety Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing proactive and effective EH&S guidance, support, and positive challenge to all areas of operations with focal point support to Projects and Supply Chain Departments.
- Actively facilitating enhanced collaboration and interaction between onshore EH&S and other departments, including operational assets.
- Assisting with Contractor management / onboarding, ensuring key EHS criteria are assessed during selection and support ongoing monitoring and auditing of key contractors.
- Assisting in development, and successful delivery, of proactive EH&S improvement and internal / external audit plans which seek to drive performance improvements, ensuring key responsibilities are identified, communicated, and measured.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, policies, guidance, and best practice through team monitoring of developments and sharing of requirements amongst the wider organisations.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the company’s Business Management System.
- Supporting Corporate objectives, rollouts etc.
- Providing Health & Safety expertise to key business processes e.g., risk assessments, auditing.
- Support EHS incident investigations and managing timely close out of actions, communicating lessons learned.
Key Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role is essential (ideally within an oil and gas operator).
- Candidates must be qualified to degree level or equivalent (e.g., NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 4/5/6).
- Current membership of a professional body (e.g., IOSH, IIRSM).
- HSE auditing or inspection experience and/or qualifications.
- Experience of working under ISO Standards, including development of management systems.
- Extensive health and safety experience in supporting UKCS operations (greenfield and brownfield) including knowledge of process safety.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK offshore HSE legislation.
- Experience with SeQual is preferred but not essential.
- Current offshore survival, medical and MIST certification required as the role will include regular offshore trips.
- Strong team player who is also capable of producing quality work on an individual basis.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team