Hydrogen Safety Engineer - VR/26206
Opportunity to break into the ever-growing renewables market! Join a recognised market leader in their field as a Hydrogen Safety Engineer on a permanent staff basis. This is a permanent staff position based out of their office in Aberdeen or Glasgow.
As part of the Operations and Engineering Teams, you will be leading on aspects relating to hydrogen safety as it applies to the design, build, test and deployment of systems and vehicles. As the Hydrogen Safety Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting ATEX and DSEAR assessments of systems on and off vehicles.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures for Engineers to work safely with Hydrogen.
- Developing and delivering training materials to Engineers supporting safe work with Hydrogen.
- Developing concept designs for Hydrogen storage systems on vehicle.
- Developing concept designs for Hydrogen refuelling systems.
- Supporting the Mechanical Design Team in their implementation of detailed design of H2 systems.
- Developing site risk assessments and HazOps for potential H2 facilities at customer sites.
- Creating P&IDs for Hydrogen systems.
- Analysing scenarios that could occur in the event of a hydrogen leak (Jet fire simulation, flammable atmospheres) to inform system design.
- Supporting the Systems Engineering Team developing Design Verification Plan (DVP) and Test Plans for Hydrogen sub-systems.
- Contributing to Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Functional Safety Analysis in relation to Hydrogen safety.
- Requirements capture for Hydrogen systems under development.
- Understanding regulations, codes and standards relating to H2 system design and staying abreast of any legislative updates.
- Understanding industry best practice/guidance notes including BCGA documents and supporting the application of best practice to system designs.
- Supporting compliance activities relating to Hydrogen systems.
- Supporting the development of service and maintenance procedures as they relate to Hydrogen safety.
- Supporting selection and validation of Hydrogen components.
- Developing emergency response procedures for Hydrogen related safety incidents.
Key Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar Hydrogen Safety Engineer type position is essential.
- Familiarity with the V-model approach to Systems Engineering.
- Familiarity with regulations, codes and standards relating to Hydrogen systems on road vehicles, including UNECE R134, EC79, EU406, SAE J2578, J2579, J2601.
- Familiarity with industry best practice around Hydrogen and compressed gas safety including BCGA guidance.
- Familiarity with the ATEX standard ISO 60079-10-1.
- Experience using simulation software to model gas leaks from pressurised systems.
- An in-depth knowledge of the behaviour of Hydrogen as a gas and the associated hazards.
- Hands-on experience working with Hydrogen and compressed gases.
- Development of DVPs and execution of test plans.
- Development of/contribution to DFMEAs.
- Hands-on experience setting up tests and operating test equipment/instrumentation.
- Vehicle-level testing.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team