IS Technician - VR/23535
TMM Recruitment are working with a leading, global energy service company to source an IS Technician to fill a temporary contract post until at least February 2022 (possibility of role being extended). Based in the organisation’s headquarters in Dyce this varied role will work closely with the IT Manager to provide direct support to management information systems both on- and offshore.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Area IS Manager any problem areas or where systems are not being fully complied with.
- Assisting Area IS Manager in providing support and maintenance to onshore and offshore LANs.
- Providing PC support to all users
- Implementing MIS policies and procedures set by corporate office.
- Training and developing all users to ensure maximum efficiency from all systems.
- Assisting in management of all information technology systems including PCs and communication systems.
- Travelling offshore and to international locations as required (this is highly unlikely).
- Assisting Area IS Manager in supporting all onshore and offshore communication systems, including phone networks and mobile phones.
- Ensuring security of hardware and software and maintain inventory of all IT assets.
- Assisting in the development of new software systems as and when required.
- Ensuring Sarbanes Oxley procedures are followed.
- Ensuring compliance with Company HSEQ initiatives
- Being fully conversant with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures and complies with them at all times.
- On call requirement every second week however calls are initially fielded by external helpdesk and only major issues are escalated to the IT team therefore this is not an onerous requirement.
Skills and Experience
The right candidate will ideally have experience with –
- Responding to helpdesk tickets, keeping in line with SLAs and delivering excellent customer support for support base.
- On / offshore desktop support, helpdesk ticket management, Cylance AV, MFD printer support.
- Advanced VSAT Communications, 4G / LTE support, 4G / LTE rig installation projects covering Palo Alto and Cisco 3850 installations.
- Cisco IP telephony, IBM BigFix, Hyper-V Management.
- Windows Server 2012R2, Dell Hardware and Enterprise Software Procurement.
- Hardware refresh deployment projects and various MDM solutions including Airwatch.
- Exchange 2010 / 2013
- Network Core installation projects including circuit installations working to strict deadlines.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team