IS Technician - VR/23535
TMM Recruitment are working with a leading, global energy service company to source an IS Technician on a permanent basis. Based in the organisation’s headquarters in Dyce this varied role will work closely with the IT Manager to provide direct support to management information systems both on- and offshore.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To report to the Area IS Manager any problem areas or where systems are not being fully complied with.
- To assist Area IS Manager in providing support and maintenance to onshore and offshore LANs.
- To provide PC support to all users
- To implement MIS policies and procedures set by corporate office.
- To train and develop all users to ensure maximum efficiency from all systems.
- Assist in management of all information technology systems including PCs and communication systems.
- Travel offshore and to international locations as required (this is highly unlikely)
- Assist Area IS Manager in supporting all onshore and offshore communication systems, including phone networks and mobile phones.
- Ensure security of hardware and software and maintain inventory of all IT assets.
- Assist in the development of new software systems as and when required.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with Company HSEQ initiatives
- To be fully conversant with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures and complies with them at all times.
- On call requirement every second week however calls are initially fielded by external helpdesk and only major issues are escalated to the IT team therefore this is not an onerous requirement.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Must have a minimum of HND Computing or other industry recognised certification such as Microsoft MCSE.
- Competence: Must be competent in working in a predominately Microsoft software environment.
- Personal Qualities: Must be organised with good communication skills and be self motivated with a clear logical approach to problem solving. Must be an innovative thinker and a team player with a flexible attitude to meet the company needs.
- Commitment to Safety: Must demonstrate a strong commitment to HSEQ and accept that they are a line responsibility.
- General PC/desktop and help-desk support coupled with strong hardware skills.
- MS Windows XP Pro; 7, MS Windows Server 2K3;2K8,MS Office Suite 2K3/2K7l
- MS Active Directory 2K3/2K8.
- Data backup hardware and software systems.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in MS Exchange 2K3/2K7.
- VMware vSphere 4 and SAN based storage advantageous.
- Exposure to WAN, Firewall and Cisco technology advantageous.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Organising and Planning: A high level of organisational skills are required and the ability to prioritise work schedule.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be an effective team player who can relate to the needs of all employees.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team