IT Business Analyst - VR/22751
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Business Analyst on a permanent staff basis for a large oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. The successful candidate will be working from home initially with a phased return to the office to be decided in line with government stipulations.
The IT Business Analyst will liaise with key stakeholders throughout the organisation, in order to capture and document the requirements for product development. The role offers an excellent opportunity for an individual to make the position their own by becoming an expert in the company’s suite of business applications. They will be integral in driving the company towards their goals by implementing an expanding range of solutions on multiple devices and platforms.
- You will collaborate extensively with the customer facing team, third party end-users and other stakeholders to capture their requirements for business change. You will then translate and transform these into high quality functional design specifications.
- You will define, deliver and maintain functional specifications utilising Systems modelling techniques such as use cases and activity diagrams to ensure efficient development and testing can be achieved by the wider team.
- You will define data specifications for data imports and exports and other data driven processes and configuration requests.
- You will add continued value to the business by identifying system improvements to our business applications.
- You will drive and implement the continuous improvements of our business and systems analysis capabilities.
- You will provide a support role to the test team by undertaking exploratory testing of our feature changes.
- You will undertake system set-up and configuration on our customers’ systems.
Skills and Experience
- A solid track record of defining functional specifications for a software application.
- Must have experience in producing functional specifications utilising system modelling techniques.
- Experience in delivering change through waterfall/iterative/agile delivery frameworks.
- Evidence of relevant certifications and training is desirable.
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Collaborative and flexible by nature to achieve business priorities.
- Tenacious with a keen eye for detail and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Proactively suggest solutions, not just point out problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team