IT Client Services Asset Support Advisor - VR/24755
TMM Recruitment is working with an oil and gas operator in Aberdeen to look for an IT Client Services - Asset Support Advisor. Working specifically with the UK Operations Function, Project & Engineering, and the Global IT Team to ensure streamlined IT service delivery in alignment with business objectives and that the assets’ IT needs are fully met.
The Asset Support Advisor will support both onshore and offshore operations teams particularly with regard to continuous improvement of key applications such as OSIsoft PI, Maximo, Opralog and MS 365 Power Apps and BI.
The Asset Support Advisor is the single point of contact for IT / IM UK Capital projects and shall establish and implement IM / IT procedure and IT tools according to the agreed P&E IT strategy and plan.
The Asset Support Advisor will have a good understanding of oil and gas production and maintenance operations as well as brownfield modifications and the systems and applications needed to support those activities. This will include (but not limited to) the following applications and systems:
- Maintenance Management.
- Permit to work.
- Real-time production and equipment monitoring.
- Engineering data management.
- Hydrocarbon Management and production reporting.
- HSSE management.
- Asset Integrity.
- Project Information Management Systems (Omega PIMS).
- UK standards and digital initiatives.
The Asset Support Advisor will be responsible for IT demand management for the assets and to ensure compliance with Cyber Security. The role combines business relationship management, application and solution management, business analysis and project / activity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Primary IT focal point for the operated assets; owns the IT / Operations relationship. Proactive, positive and professional engagement with local asset management team; fully aware of IT requirements, issues and opportunities.
Accountable for demand management for their assets in accordance with demand management process. Gathers high-level business requirements and defines:
- Scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings / interviews and facilitating group / cross-functional sessions with the asset organisation and external stakeholders as required.
- Works with the assets to develop and implement solutions that improve cost efficiency, increase business effectiveness and create value.
- Responsible for building the Digital asset for P&E:
- Define the overall digital strategy.
- Project and Engineering IT / IM tools (O365, HubSites, PIMS, Planning tools etc.).
- Cyber Security compliance.
- Ensure that all IT Ops systems (Data, Applications and Infrastructure) are in place.
- Leads in development of business cases to support asset development which require IT-based solutions.
- Coordinates overall IT activity towards the operated assets; works closely with the Global IT functions to communicate, inform and engage with around IT changes, updates, requirements, developments and projects. Acts as point of escalation for the asset as required.
- Acts as Project Manager for small scale scopes and / or interacts with PM’s assigned to the larger scopes – using simplified project control guidelines which are largely based on a simplified PRINCE2 / gated process. Preparation and / or facilitating Requests for proposal, Requests for Information and Requests for Quotes.
- Creates project plans, budget, cut over plans, project effort estimations for projects which they are responsible.
- Works closely with the Digital Asset Programme Lead to progress the company’s digital strategy, supports and coordinates proof of concepts, trials and scaling of digital initiatives.
- Works closely with other Asset Support Advisors to drive consistency of support where possible, share best practice and coordinate delivery of digital initiatives.
- Is fully aware of cyber security contexts and implications related to the assets and specifically for the offshore / industrial environment. Is aware of standards such IEC62443, ISA99, NIS
Suitable education, ideally at degree level with appropriate experience in IT, networks, offshore communications or similar:
- Extensive relevant experience from the oil and gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business.
- Excellent business relationship / client facing skills: capable of building strong relationships with the business and working well as part of a team.
- Strong coordination, collaboration and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technical IT support.
- Experience in project set up, planning and delivery.
- Language: Fluent in English.
Additional Competence Requirements
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate.
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions.
- Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams’ mindset.
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change.
- Takes a ‘first approach’, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team