IT Helpdesk Technician - VR/23303
Long-established, industry leading technology company working in the energy sector has a fantastic permanent opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. They will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. Based in Dyce, the right candidate will have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Helpdesk Technician will be required to:
- Assist the IT System Administrator in project deployments.
- Serve as the first point of contact for technical assistance over the phone, email, or ticketing system.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and contribute to a knowledge base.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field or demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 products, Windows OS, and remote desktop.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, printers, and other office equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and used to working in a dynamic environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team