IT Systems Architect and Infrastructure Manager - VR/23372
A new 12-month contract position has just become available with a large energy company based in Aberdeen City Centre. TMM Recruitment is partnering with the organisation to source an experienced IT Systems Architect and Infrastructure Manager. Working on a PAYE basis, the right candidate will be available to start ASAP and ideally will have experience of being involved in company acquisitions and divestments as well as managing large-scale data and file storage projects.
Overview job description
- Acting as a lead IT Technical Expert and IT Architect for company-wide systems and infrastructure.
- Leading the design of new system or business requirements on behalf of the IS Team.
- Leading and mentoring team members under their management and ensuring tasks are carried out as required.
- Working as part of a team of IT technical experts to provide IT infrastructure services and support to the business.
- Providing a range of professional IT Services for onshore and offshore oil and gas locations.
- Providing support to the wider business in partnership with other teams as part of the global Information Systems organisation.
- Management of the IT Operation Change Control Budget.
- Acting as delegated lead as required for the Head of IS Services and Operations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The role heads up a team of 4, 3 in Aberdeen and 1 in Barrow.
- Co-operating with line managers and supervisors in the prevention of work-related accidents and ill health, and the promotion of environmental good practice by adopting appropriate behaviour.
- Adhering to health, safety and environmental instructions and procedures and reporting unsafe practices, behaviours, equipment, and health, safety and environmental concerns and incidents.
- Supporting and promoting a positive health, safety and environment culture, offering improvement suggestions and participating in review of work practices and procedures.
- Maintaining good housekeeping in work areas.
- Designing, documenting, configuring and managing relevant IT infrastructure, which could include high capacity / high performance disk units, technical workstations, virtual server environments, thin client, cloud environments.
- Managing environments designed to provide service resilience, e.g. offsite DR environments.
- Participating in proactive capacity management and Key Risk Indicator reporting and reviews.
- Leading Infrastructure Technical Workshops, Workstreams and IS Projects.
- Implementing technical controls activities such as regular system patching and backup.
- Supporting and designing infrastructure environments and associated applications (these could be onshore or offshore rig / platform environments).
- Engaging with the business to assess customer satisfaction and proactively managing requirements.
- Complying with SE IT procedures - e.g. for logging of service calls and change control for systems and application changes.
- Participating in change review meetings to ensure smooth management of changes and releases.
- Installation and administration of offshore communications and IT network environments, such as offshore clients and servers running drilling reporting and logging software.
- Administration of systems required as a result of any review of systems or acquisition of assets.
- Installing and operating an effective backup and recovery regime.
- Managing technical project delivery as required.
- Building strong relationships with and gain the trust of business customers, providing advice and guidance to maximise technology potential.
- Responding to requests for support according to agreed SLAs as a minimum and in line with the IS policy and procedures.
- Ensuring users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid delays.
- Using service management software for handling requests, incidents, problems and changes.
- Escalating calls internally or externally to service teams and other suppliers. Working closely with other IS Teams to ensure that issues are owned and effectively escalated.
- Working with the business and the wider IS Team to uphold and develop standards for IT systems and applications.
- Liaising with third parties and suppliers as required to establish new services and review existing services.
- Maintaining an accurate record of infrastructure assets.
- Obtaining quotes for relevant infrastructure hardware and software for procurement.
- Working within and manage the IS Operations Infrastructure Change budget.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Management and configuration of Enterprise-wide technical Infrastructure environments including;
- Microsoft Windows Server Stack;
- Microsoft Azure;
- Microsoft SQL Server in Azure SQL;
- Microsoft Exchange inc Exchange Online;
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise suite;
- Microsoft Security Center;
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory;
- Enterprise data storage (incl. Netapp and EMC Isilon);
- Citrix, Virtual Desktop and Apps;
- Backup technologies including Veeam;
- Hyperconverged environments;
- VMWare Virtualisation; and
- Integration of Cloud services and environments.
- Knowledge of Business Continuity concepts and Disaster recovery planning.
- Ability to develop strong and cooperative relationships with IS colleagues, customers, service providers and other professionals.
- Well organised with the ability to effectively prioritise work in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach.
- IS Security management.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant technical subject or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of working as an interface to business customers.
- Experience of technical application environments.
- Significant experience of delivery of managing complex IT systems environments preferably in an Oil and Gas context.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- Microsoft certifications e.g. MSCP/MSCE relevant to technologies utilised.
- UK BOIET Offshore Survival certified.
- Mainly office based, with some work on industrial locations such as gas terminals and offshore rigs and platforms.
- Travel to Morecambe Hub locations and occasional travel to other UK and international locations.
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- Head of IS Services and Operations.
- Business Stakeholders.
- Global Telephony and Networks Team.
- Global Infrastructure and other global IS Teams.
- IS Business Portfolio Managers.
- Third party Suppliers.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team