JV Manager – VR/24559
Join a multinational energy company as a Joint Venture (JV) Manager on a contract basis.
In your role as JV Manager, you will primarily be tasked with:
- Protecting and promoting the asset’s interests in its various Joint Venture partnerships and infrastructure owners (where relevant).
- Responsible for the asset for partner relations, representing the asset on the management committees of operated and non-operated ventures as appropriate.
- Guaranteeing that the asset fulfils its obligations under its JOAs and other joint venture and commercial agreements.
- Leading effective internal cross-functional relationships and external (partner and third-party joint ventures) relationships.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Advancing the asset’s interests in all JV and infrastructure partnerships, activities and projects throughout the asset life cycle from exploration to decommissioning, in order to maximise value.
- Representing the asset on JV technical and management committees as appropriate.
- Effectively managing partner relations. Developing and maintaining relationships with JV operators and partners to ensure maximum influence is exerted within the JV, and / or to develop alliances with others where appropriate.
- Managing the processes to progress internal and partner approval of AFEs and budgets.
- Managing infrastructure providers so as to maximise the value of the transportation agreements.
- Pursuing third-party business for the asset.
- Managing the efficient and timely submission of field production consents.
- Negotiating and completing agreements as required, working closely with the Legal Team and S&B.
- Ensuring effective communication with partners and UK authorities, and building and maintaining highly-positive and constructive relationships with all contacts.
- Ensuring that commercial best practices are followed, sharing expertise in the area of joint venture management and promoting the transfer of such expertise to other areas of the company and group.
- Ensuring consistency and maintaining awareness of the “wider picture” with respect to other company and industry activities.
The successful applicant should have:
- MSc / BSc (Hons) Degree.
- Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, with relevant commercial experience and an appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance).
- Good working knowledge of UKCS upstream joint venture business practices and key players.
- Excellent commercial skills with a working knowledge of the technical background to operations general management.
- Clear understanding of the interactions and constraints (political, economic, technical, commercial) involved in joint venture/asset development and management.
- Good negotiation skills and strategic vision, and proven ability to influence and persuade.
- Highly developed planning and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable corporate procedures and processes, and statutory policies / specifications.
- Ability to represent the asset both internally and externally at a senior level.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team