L&D Manager - VR/24978
TMM Recruitment is delighted to share details of an exceptional opportunity to join an established E&P business as Learning & Development Manager. This rolling contract assignment with be Aberdeen-based and lead a team of L&D and Training & Competency professionals to provide strategic direction and fit-for-purpose L&D services aligned to business objectives. Ideal applicants will have held similar top-tier L&D management roles within the energy industry.
- Working with the HR Leadership Team to devise L&D strategy to fully support the business plan and the people plan on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring company people possess and develop the skills, knowledge, and experiences to fulfil business objectives, and that they are motivated to learn, grow, and perform, thus feeding the career pipeline for talent and succession.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Leading and managing the L&D function, driving forward and delivering competency programmes, personal development plans, management development programmes, graduate programmes, chartership attainment, leadership development and performance management. Ensuring that the learning processes and programmes are valid, cost effective and support the overall TAQA business strategy.
- Working with HR leadership to plan, develop and implement the L&D strategy that supports business improvement objectives and enhances employee engagement.
- Ensuring the L&D Team is appropriately resourced and that the skills and expertise of the team are developed to support the delivery of the L&D plan.
- Ensuring that learning resources are utilised in a cost-effective way and manage suppliers of same to deliver return on investment.
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to management on all aspects of L&D policies and procedures. Ensuring policies, procedures and systems are reviewed, developed, and implemented, in line with industry best practice.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate management systems for delivery, measuring and reporting on key aspects of the L&D function, monitoring service delivery of the function, and identifying opportunities to improve the quality-of-service provision.
- Ensuring learning and development initiatives and plans are closely assigned to business objectives and industry requirements and works with the Leadership Team and client groups to create an environment where a high standard of professional and technical competency is achieved throughout the company and where employees are actively supported in their development.
- Taking a lead role in the development of highly effective relationships with L&D service providers, for example; competency, training providers and third parties.
- Representing the company externally through membership of industry forums, attending conferences/seminars.
- Demonstrating leadership and personal commitment in relation to the delivery of HSE strategies and the achievement of world class HSE performance.
- Ability to review organisational training and development needs, and plan and create programmes aligned to business objectives.
- Drafting, maintaining and managing L&D budgets, negotiating contracts and ensuring efficiencies are maintained.
- Preparing and communicating regular L&D reporting, and training evaluation and feedback, for the business.
- Working with HR to implement and facilitate effective succession planning and talent management tools and initiatives.
- Acting as an internal coach to the business.
- Keeping abreast of and executing different learning styles and channels to support the agile working environment.
- Ensure training and competence remains in line with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Participate in Emergency Response Rota.
Applicants to this role require
- Practical experience in a senior/management L&D role within the UK energy industry, ideally E&P.
- Experience of successfully leading/managing L&D projects and teams.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and influence/challenge Senior Management on strategic L&D issues.
- Good knowledge of best L&D practice and new L&D initiatives.
- CIPD membership and/or a relevant (ideally postgraduate) degree.
- Willingness to travel offshore when required.
- Experience of managing change.
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic, and proven ability to deliver results.
- Creative thinker with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- The hiring company is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the company’s needs.
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to find an optimum balance between home and office working, and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked.
- Also on offer is the opportunity to opt-in to a compressed working pattern, enabling a nine-day fortnight (i.e. a non-working day every second Friday).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team