Lead HR Business Partner - VR/26384
Sought-after Lead HR Business Partner assignment available with a prominent E&P business in Aberdeen. This six-month contract provides cover for an internal secondment and is best suited to a senior HR Generalist with an operational focus and experience supporting offshore personnel. The successful applicant will join a first-rate HR function and enjoy a rewarding and stimulating remit, with flexible/hybrid working patterns available.
The Lead HR Business Partner will act as the primary HR interface for designated client groups, with responsibility for leading the HR strategy and the design/delivery of the Asset HR plan.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Leading the development and implementation of the HR plan which supports the Asset’s business priorities. Working with the Management Team to agree HR priorities in accordance with business and HR strategy and work to agreed level of service. Providing the HR strategy for the departments.
- Developing strong relationships with Managers and employees to ensure the delivery of a credible, value adding HR leadership service. All HR administration support will be provided by the HR Operations function.
- Supporting the Corporate Expatriation and Compensation Team with the implementation and management of appropriate reward initiatives within the Asset, supporting the UK and Group annual salary review campaigns and KPI process, ensuring managers make good reward decisions for their teams.
- Ensuring improvements in the staff performance management process, ensuring key performance measures are linked to strategy and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within individual and organisational performance.
- Ensuring that Group and UK Corporate HR processes and policies are implemented and embedded, providing insight regarding operational requirements where necessary and ensuring they meet the needs of the business and the wider organisation. Provide input and assist in the development of Policies and Procedures.
- Sharing best practice across the Assets and Corporate HR Functions. Managing relevant HR audit and continuous improvement actions within departments.
- Leading on complex employee relations issues that may create significant risk to the organisation.
- Ensuring HR advice and support provided is professional, commercial and focused on the business requirements as well as legislation.
- Reporting, as requested, to the business on the progress towards achievement of HR goals.
- Coordinating Trade Union discussions with Management, encouraging a good partnership. Negotiating with Union where appropriate.
- HR leadership of organisational change activities including advising on legislative risks within the business relating to employment issues, e.g. restructuring, TUPE.
- Ad-hoc project work as agreed with the Asset and/or Corporate HR.
- Contributing to the company’s emergency response capability through participation in the HR Duty Team.
- Developing the manpower budgets and forecasts and report monthly on achievement of these.
- Ensuring manpower plans are budgeted, challenged and controlled, ensuring headcount is managed to budget.
- Leading the development of any structural change and resourcing and then coordinating recruitment through the Talent Development Team.
- Determining when appropriate to recruit externally and seek appropriate approvals prior to coordinating recruitment through the Talent Development Team.
- Liaising with the Talent Developers to ensure expatriate and impatriate moves are known and are included in manpower and succession planning.
Applicants to this role require
- Educated to degree level and/or full CIPD membership or other professional qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Significant professional HR experience with exposure to strategic decision making.
- Strong influencing and communication skills at all levels within the organisation.
- Experience of building, inspiring and leading teams.
- Commercial focus with sound business acumen.
- Knowledge of strategy of the Asset and business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and skilled in matrix working.
- In-depth understanding of Company and Group HR policies & procedures.
- Significant knowledge of employment legislation and HR practices, including best practice and current HR trends.
- Strong delivery and continuous improvement focus.
TMM Recruitment INDHR
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team