Lead Process Engineer - VR/25910
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Process Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas EPC provider based in central Aberdeen. This role would suit an experienced Principal / Lead Process Engineer who has experience of working in similar smaller company / engineering consultancy / EPC type environments within the oil and gas industry.
The Lead Process Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the outputs and deliverables of the Process team during the bidding and execution phases, and ensuring the engineering product provides a cost-effective and high-quality solution. You’ll liaise with clients to make sure that you’re meeting their needs, as well as discuss future opportunities that the company can provide support with. The successful candidate will take ownership and responsibility for resourcing, supporting and developing the Process Team.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Lead Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the growing of sales within the Process Team.
- Delivering technical excellence through working with a wider team.
- Delivering cost-effective design solutions.
- Ownership of process technical output to ensure resolution for clients.
- Working in accordance with, and improving, the company’s integrated management system.
- Preparing, checking and approving proposals and design / engineering documentation.
- Working in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Ensuring technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project.
- Reviewing discipline specific work packs, drawings and procedures against design basis, specifications and scope of work.
- Reporting on any critical issues identified and make proposals for remedial action.
- Design clarifications and advising on engineering queries / change proposals raised during completion.
- Resourcing personnel for the Process Department.
- Developing Process Team personnel.
- Delivering projects on time and within budget.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in chemical engineering (or similar) is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status is essential.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Lead / Principal Process Engineer type role, within an EPC / engineering consultancy type environment within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team