Lead Well Performance Engineer - VR/21951
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Well Performance Engineer on a contact basis for an oil & gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract will initially last until the end of November 2020, however, it’s a core position that is eligible for annual renewal, therefore it’s expected to be a long-term opportunity. The client is also only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
Reporting to the Production & Site Support Leader, the Lead Well Performance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Well Performance Coordination:
- Chairing the monthly Well Performance Group meetings and ensuring full adherence to Terms of Reference.
- Attending Production Performance Group meetings and present on well performance subjects.
- Ensuring weekly well behaviour meetings are held.
- Keeping regular contact with HQ Well Performance Teams.
Well Performance Methods:
- Ensuring application of proper methodology and good practices within the team.
- Ensuring availability of required tools and software.
- Establishing the yearly Asset Well Performance Budget – recurrent RFS, specific studies and tools / software.
Well Performance Studies:
- Agreeing on methodology used for study.
- Reviewing study results prior to approval by PWP Manager.
- Ensuring studies delivery within customer acceptable timeframe through regular Workload Plan reviews.
- Ensuring robust SOR prior any study delegation.
Well and Network Modelling:
- Ensuring wells and network models are built and kept updated with latest well tests, PVT and reservoir data.
- Regularly detailing models review with Well Performance Engineers to check / validate methodology and assumptions.
- Ensuring that GAP / PROSPER models are used to proactively detect under performance and production bottlenecks, and are maintained in MC / IFM / IVM.
- Ensuring robust well test workflow – updating procedure and regularly checking / auditing the system.
- Reporting any concerns and proposing a corrective action plan if needed.
- Ensuring that well test programme performance is followed with proper KPIs.
- Ensuring robust well potential workflow - updating procedure and regularly checking / auditing the system.
- Ensuring well potentials are issued every time they are required and that variations are well understood / documented, and that main gaps with expected declines are captured, commented on and made visible.
- Making unconstrained potential visible for each well on a monthly basis.
Well Productivity Follow-up:
- Ensuring that well productivity evolution is made visible for all wells and that abnormal behaviour is identified and discussed in well behaviour meetings.
- Keeping intervention portfolio updated with priorities and justification.
- Ensuring that well intervention priority list is maintained and updated, thanks to monthly WPG.
- Ensuring WIR / WSOR are progressed actively to allow for business case elaboration and decisions.
- Ensuring well intervention slots are secured in OPS / corporate planning.
- Assisting PWP Manager with well intervention budget.
- Ensuring accurate and detailed post job summaries are issued to allow well intervention KPIs consolidation.
Well Performance Threats:
- Keeping Well Performance Risk Register up-to-date and ensuring prioritisation of associated studies / actions.
Cross Asset Support:
- Carrying out all the above activities in their home Asset and assist other Well Performance Engineers, as required by Asset Production and Site Support Leaders, giving work direction and technical guidance, and / or reviewing technical studies.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Petroleum, Reservoir or Well Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Lead Well Performance Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess around 12+ years’ experience in well operations / well performance type roles, as well as experience in reservoir engineering.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with the following software: PI, IPM, IFM, Olga, XEL, Well Test Database, Wellview, OFM, PDMS, Productivity Tool Box, IFM, IVM, etc.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team