Lead Workshop Technician - Drilling - VR/27138
As a Lead Workshop Technician you are employed to strip, inspect, and rebuild various mechanical equipment and associated components, and provide support to the Workshop Manager and Operations Team, to ensure smooth and effective running of projects/jobs, ensuring all targets are achieved.
- Stripping, inspecting, and rebuilding various mechanical equipment and associated components.
- Ensuring all reporting is precise, detailed and completed to company standards.
- Correctly identifying parts requirements and ensuring all details are accurate.
- Ensuring that all components and parts for a given project are identified and stored in the correct manner.
- Maintaining all associated paperwork and systems as required.
- Reading and interpreting P&ID drawings, engineering drawings and schematics to assist in work procedures.
- Accurately completing work routers and any additional paperwork in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Warehouse Coordinator to ensure all equipment is photographed, tagged and recorded on arrival and throughout scope.
- Assisting and developing workshop colleagues to progress their knowledge and expertise.
- Reporting any faulty equipment, ensuring it is removed from service, tagged as such and repaired in a timely manner.
- Carrying out planned maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Communicating daily with Workshop Manager and Operations Team as and when required.
- Providing technical expertise to diagnose, analyse and rectify faults.
- Performing housekeeping duties daily and maintain cleanliness of workshop, yard, or work site.
- Always complying with HS&E policies and procedures, contributing as required in Toolbox Talks etc.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents to supervisor immediately.
- Suggesting improvements and simplified methods of working, procedures, and systems through continuous improvement activities.
- Carrying out planned maintenance on workshop equipment, ensuring lifting equipment is inspected in accordance with LOLER requirements.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with company / customer policy, while upholding company values.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Applying company and where appropriate client company's QHSE Management Systems.
- Adhering to group, quality and safety procedures and policies in including active participation and contribution to specific QHSE initiatives in meetings, reporting all hazards and unsafe acts, actively promote positive safety culture, and assures adherence to all QHSE regulations.
Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge:
- Time Served mechanic, with 5 years' experience in this role.
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Organisational and Planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to delivery schedules.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible and motivated.
- Valid driving licence.
- Special Licences may be required to operate certain vehicles.
- Manual Handling.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team