Logistics Coordinator - VR/29093
Logistics Coordinator required on a permanent basis for a provider to the offshore energy sector. Your responsibility is to provide support for the export, import, and customs function. The role is based in Kintore, with hybrid working available.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Managing the accuracy of the required shipping paperwork according to relevant in-country regulations.
- Responsible for direct liaison with providers – freight forwarders; couriers and haulers to ensure specific shipping requirements are always adhered to.
- Coordinating the entire logistics and transportation process to ensure smooth and cost-effective delivery of internal and external orders to the end user.
- Selecting the appropriate method of transportation based on availability, priority, and value.
- Monitoring all activities of the shipping process and provide updates to the end user.
- Anticipating, analysing, and resolving the daily issues associated with domestic and international freight movements.
- Ensuring that commodity codes are correctly applied to material received into inventory.
- Reviewing the accuracy of commodity codes and update the company records.
- Ensuring freight providers have complied with import clearance instructions.
- Ensuring freight providers have entered the correct details on export entries.
- Reviewing origin and preference, ensuring the correct customs valuation is determined and that the correct duty rate is being applied.
- Responding to customer inquiries promptly.
- Managing and continuously exploring opportunities to reduce costs.
- Obtaining and evaluating quotations.
- Recording freight costs appropriately.
- Effective written and verbal communication with internal customers and external service providers, worldwide.
- Ensuring that accurate information is provided to comply with all customs and licensing requirements.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills, qualifications, and attributes:
- A strong supply chain/freight forwarding background.
- Broad Distribution and Customs experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in Airfreight and Courier shipments.
- Knowledge of:
- Current import/export procedures.
- Experience in dealing with Post Brexit customs formalities to and from the EU (including movements through Northern Ireland).
- Intrastat reporting.
- Tariff codes and classification of parts.
- Work under pressure.
- Make reasoned decisions.
- Prioritise workload.
- Motivated and use initiative.
- Pay close attention to detail.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team