Logistics Specialist - VR/22790
A 12-month temporary requirement for a Logistics Specialist to work for one of the world’s largest oilfield service companies.
In your role as Logistics Specialist, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and advising on the company’s international freight movements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of logistics, customs and compliance procedures, processes and policies.
- Creating and obtaining all shipping documentation (Commercial Invoices, Shippers letter of instruction, Dangerous Goods Notes, Certificates of Origins, Import / Export Entries etc.).
- Leading efforts for establishing and sustaining continuous process improvement.
- Carrying out audits on Freight Forwarder invoices as per the global trade compliance guidelines.
- Supporting tender activities for international freight movement matters.
- Monitoring international movement and activities within your assigned geographical scope, including ensuring proper licensing for all exports while maintaining proper documentation of export licenses and / or license exceptions used by the location.
- Ensuring any export discrepancies are fully investigated.
- Ensuring all monthly statutory and KPI reporting requirements are processed in a timely manner, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure suitable arrangements are in place for all shipments locally, nationally and internationally.
Applicants to this position should have significant experience in a similar role, ideally within the oil and gas industry. It is essential that you have strong knowledge of global transportation (multi-modal) and trade compliance. You should also be familiar with international tax and VAT/GST, as well as logistics and transportation processes, systems and costing.
This is a demanding role where the ability to prioritise a busy workload is required. An excellent eye for detail and strong communication skills are essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team