Logistics & Supply Chain Coordinator - VR/28658
A Logistics & Supply Chain Coordinator is required on a 12-15 month basis for a provider of products and services to the energy service industry. The role is based in Aberdeen, however, may require travel to the clients’ Westhill office. The preferred candidate will have previous logistics experience and will be the focal point of all logistics activities.
In this position, you will be required to ensure all equipment and parts are registered, shipped, and tracked correctly along with all related customs related clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing dispatch notes, commercial invoices, clearance instructions and relevant cargo lists for equipment dispatch and return.
- Arranging international and domestic transport of equipment to and from suppliers, clients, and offshore/onshore locations.
- Shipping of Dangerous Goods via Sea and Air.
- Working closely with the Workshop and the Operations Department to arrange mobilisations and demobilisations of the company’s equipment.
- Being familiar and keeping up to date with UK customs (HMRC) and international procedures and legislation.
- Liaising with shipping agents and freight forwarders to arrange customs clearance as per the company’s instructions.
- Ensuring the efficient and accurate control of imports and exports, confirming full compliance with company and legislative requirements.
- Obtaining export and import entries to complete logistical files required to satisfy audit requirements.
- Creating, saving, and filing shipping documentation (TO, GRN CI, CST, Certs, DG’s, and customs paperwork) in both, the IFS System and manual filing system.
- Creating purchase orders and purchase requisitions in IFS for stock, non-stock, rental and hire equipment for Intercompany, customers and third-party vendors.
- Using IFS system to control all logistical movements and operations.
- Responsible for warehouse stock register, cycle counting, stock take, asset management and audits.
- Approving transport and customs invoicing via Excel spreadsheet before passing onto the accounts department for payment.
- Assisting Workshop and Operations with any discrepancies in paperwork versus goods received.
- Liaising with the Technical Support Team by marking items in IFS to be put to investigation, quarantine. Following up with NCR procedure/action in IFS.
- Participating in approving and reviewing logistics suppliers.
- Adhering to Health and Safety Regulations set as per company policies set out.
- Coordinating recertification data base and organising third party company to calibrate equipment.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and personal commitment to the company’s policies.
- Attending internal and external meetings when requested.
- Providing out of hours support when required.
Applicants to this role require:
- Experience in Logistics Operations.
- Understanding of HMRC customs regulations, procedures, and regimes.
- Dangerous Goods certified by Sea, Road and Air (IATA and IMDG).
- IT literacy.
- Strong communicator with good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Team player.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team