Logistics & Supply Chain Team Lead - VR/27405
Logistics & Supply Chain Team Lead required to join our client, an energy service company based in Portlethen, on a permanent staff basis.
As Logistics & Supply Chain Team Lead, you’ll work with other departments to provide quality service to internal and external customer / vendors for the purchase of products and services, ensuring the on-time delivery to customers.
As the Logistics Team Lead, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Arranging meetings with suppliers to build relationships and ensure the company receives the best service in terms of price and quality.
- Raising purchase order requisitions in accordance with internal processes.
- Issuing purchase orders to suppliers once available and organising all relevant paperwork to ensure compliance for auditing purposes.
- Communicating the progress of purchase orders to customers.
- Working alongside the Workshop Manager to proactively plan for annual stock take and playing a key role in carrying out the count, and any year audits as and when required.
- Working with departmental leads to ensure successful import / export process is created and maintained in accordance with current regulations.
- Managing all import / exports, in accordance with relevant customs regime, ensuring compliance of process and constantly reviewing required amendments.
- Maintaining quality relationships with customs agents and nominated customs brokers.
- Coordinating shipments whilst ensuring everything is compliant and the best price is attained.
- Preparing export documentation and shipping paperwork.
- Returning all signed documentation to Sales / Service Department upon departure of goods.
- Managing the supplier database.
- Reviewing safety stock levels with the Workshop Manager and Sales Team Lead and running stock reports to identify what is required to be ordered to replenish stock.
Applicants to this position must have previous experience in a similar role. Knowledge of customs regimes is also required, as is being IT literate.
Our client is also looking for an excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, proactive and flexible approach to work.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team