Machine Shop Chargehand - VR/25404
We are looking to recruit a Machine Shop Chargehand for our client on a permanent staff basis.
The Workshop Chargehand is responsible for the day-to-day operation, improvement and optimisation of the production plant and processes within the Accessories facility. To provide effective leadership, direction of resources, technical support and advice on all aspects of the production process in support of reliable process operations. To perform all work, in line with defined procedures, quality, environmental and health and safety standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Organising the daily and weekly production activities within the department.
- Supervising, leading and directing the Operations Team ensuring optimum efficiency of resources, plant and process, with support from other departments as required, and will have overall responsibility for the Department in support of reliable process operations.
- Ensuring production schedules and set production performance and expenditure targets are achieved.
- Making recommendations as appropriate to the Operations Manager regarding the replacement of plant, machinery and equipment and of any improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Coaching and developing team members so that skill levels are consistently developed, applied and maintained across the whole team.
Applicants to this role require
- Job specific skills and competencies of setting up and operating CNC lathes.
- Knowledge of basic programming is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a chargehand/ supervisor role within a Machine Shop.
- Strong numeracy and literacy are required, and the post-holder must be able to work with both care and accuracy. The job will be physical in nature and will require the person to be fit and trained in manual handling techniques.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team