Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/26964
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Turriff in Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week and hybrid working opportunities may be available. Based on the location, access to a car and a full driving licence is essential.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will generate detailed mechanical designs to support the company’s product portfolio and operational / business needs.
Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Interpreting client needs and develop designs from conceptual stage though to the finished product with a focus on design for manufacture.
- Designing heavy lifting appliances, accessories and associated machinery to industry standards for use in the offshore and marine industries.
- Analysing and optimising designs by hand calculation and FEA.
- Conducting / assisting in FEED studies.
- Contributing to client meetings in a technical capacity.
- Liaising with drawing office to generate conceptual designs.
- Creating engineering calculations packages to validate designs.
- Generating, checking and revising engineering documentation as required.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure best and timely solution is provided.
- Providing technical support to workshop and offshore personnel.
- Providing mentoring to graduate engineers.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering (an HND with relevant experience could be considered).
- A good understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience in the design of fabricated structures / lifting equipment / deck machinery / HPUs or similar industrial equipment.
- Experience designing to DNV-ST-0378, E271, E273 or similar standards.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design.
- Experience with prime movers, drives and hydraulic power systems.
- Competent in creating mechanical design calculation packages and familiarity with mechanical stress calculations.
- Experience using Mathcad.
- Experience in selecting machine components - bearings, shafts, gears, etc.
- Experience in writing technical specifications, FATs, OMMs, etc.
- Experience in using Autodesk Inventor or similar CAD software.
- Experience in using FEA (Autodesk Nastran or similar).
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Relevant offshore experience.
- Experience with offshore structure or grillage design.
- Experience using STAAD Pro.
- Experience with Autodesk Navisworks.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team