Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/28471
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a global leader in subsea connectivity engineering and innovation based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical solutions and designs from concept to manufacture.
- Liaising with the Sales Team and customers to advise and providing design solutions for their applications.
- Evaluating and developing new products.
- Producing documentation to support design verification, validation and safety requirements.
- Producing drawings and manufacturing information for proposals and manufacturing purposes.
- Contact and technical liaison with suppliers for information on materials and technical data.
- Providing engineering and technical advice to all internal departments.
- Supporting Operations and Quality Team to resolve manufacturing and testing issues.
- Attending and supporting internal/external meetings as required.
- Applying working knowledge of DFMEA and PFMEA process applications.
- Providing technical support to the Sales Team to ensure that quotations, associated drawings and documents are in place and are aligned with company quality policy and procedures.
- Reviewing and improving Engineering Department policies and procedures.
- An HND qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Design Engineer type role, within the oil and gas or subsea sectors, is essential.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and analytical software tools is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team