Mechanical Engineer - VR/21556
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer on a 3-month contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The company is looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
Reporting to the Maintenance and Inspection Lead, the Mechanical Engineer will work within the Maintenance and Inspection Department of the asset and will provide technical / engineering advice and support, in relation to maintenance / modification activities.
The Mechanical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring the efficiency of preventive strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant / equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets verification and compliance requirements and fits to the workload availability of contractors.
- Applying LEAN process to optimise maintenance, in accordance with the company’s minimum maintenance guidelines.
- Technical assessment of planned maintenance change requests and technical justification deferrals of CAT A maintenance.
- Providing technical support to the site; organisation of vendor interventions, supply direct support to site requests (vendors, spare parts, repairs, tools, technical procedures, etc), ensure progress of top 10 priorities, provide accurate data for the 6 weeks and 90 days planning, and ensure maintenance activities are appropriately prioritised.
- Providing specialist technical / engineering advice and guidance to site / offshore personnel on the operation and maintenance of plant / equipment, ensuring the highest of safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
- Conduct ad hoc technical surveys on site / offshore and at vendor / repair locations, providing detailed technical reports, identifying problems and solutions, and ensuring optimum performance from contractors.
- Issuing or reviewing the required PMCR to optimise the preventive maintenance activity. Proactively monitoring, reviewing and analysing plant and equipment performance and providing feedback to Line Management, identifying opportunities to maximise production and performance, and share best practice.
- Preparing scopes of work and managing simple mono-disciplines modifications, ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all maintenance activities / modifications are implemented, in accordance with statutory / company standards and correctly closed-out within schedule and budget.
- Preparing scopes of work for vendor services, making recommendations on preferred contractors and coordinate vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities. Monitoring and controlling labour usage, vendor / contractor performance and expenditure. Leading, as appropriate, in vendor / contractor audits.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar discipline Mechanical Engineer type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous offshore / site experience is essential.
- Considerable knowledge of offshore / terminal plant and equipment, as well as maintenance systems, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess valid / current offshore certification.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team