Mechanical Support Engineer – HVAC - VR/28155
Currently recruiting for an office-based Mechanical Support Engineer - HVAC on a contract basis for an E&P company based in central Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and occasional offshore travel will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
This role would be suited to a candidate who is in the early stages of their mechanical engineering career within the North Sea oil and gas industry. Alternatively, the client is open to recruiting a recent mechanical engineering graduate who holds placement / internship experience within the North Sea oil and gas industry.
The Mechanical Support Engineer – HVAC will act as the focal point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting for HVAC, accommodation, and marine systems.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, the Mechanical Support Engineer – HVAC will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing mechanical discipline support for HVAC and vessel marine systems.
- Supporting the ongoing preventative maintenance tasks within the engine room and on marine systems, such as boiler inspections, vac condenser remedials, marine generator servicing, firewater system remedials etc.
- Leading planning corrective maintenance repairs by both core crew and specialist vendors.
- Liaising with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers. Ensuring vendor support is efficiently applied when required.
- Maintaining an appreciation of the latest emerging technologies that will improve the performance of the asset.
- Providing recommendations for critical spares and optimise asset inventory.
- Acting as contract representative for asset support contracts.
- Assisting with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Contributing to the development of the field optimisation strategy and the business planning process.
- Making regular trips offshore to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
- Communicating discipline issues to Management and the Onshore Team.
- Supporting recruitment, selection, and training and competency programs for Onshore and Offshore Teams, to ensure the effective resourcing of technicians.
- Ensuring work procedures are technically sound and carried out in accordance with the company’s management systems and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that mechanical engineering work (OPEX) remains within/below budget.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of technically correct and timely mechanical engineering work (OPEX) service.
- Jointly responsible with Asset Supervisors and Engineering Team Leaders for prioritising mechanical (OPEX)/JIF’s to provide an appropriate level of mechanical engineering support.
- Engaging and participating in any operational improvement processes to optimise mechanical engineering (OPEX) support.
- Providing onshore discipline support to the integrated asset planning process.
- Providing discipline support to the review of PMRs within the CMMS.
- Providing mechanical support for static mechanical equipment including pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks etc.
- A degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or a similar discipline) is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, would be preferred.
- Internship/placement experience within the North Sea oil and gas industry is essential.
- Technical/operational oil and gas experience would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team