Payroll Co-ordinator - VR/28620
Exclusive Part Time Payroll Co-ordinator required based in West Aberdeen on a contract basis for a minimum of 2 years+. The role offers agile working whether on a hybrid or remote basis and flexible working hours are available during the 2 weeks of working.
This is a unique opportunity working for a Global Operator. The position requires an experienced payroll professional with experience of working alongside an outsourced payroll provider. You will be required to work for the first and third weeks of the month preparing payroll data in Excel, payroll calculations, checking for discrepancies, new starters and leaver and payroll changes, maintaining staff records, day to day running of the offshore time writing system and raising payment requests.
During payroll outsourcing project:
- Assisting with data validation during the development of the e-Business Suite (eBS) data extraction mechanism.
- Performing user acceptance testing of the new payroll solution.
- Liaising with HR team members to ensure that data is available for parallel runs.
- Triggering eBS data extraction mechanism and transfer data to payroll solution provider (some pre-transfer data validation may be required).
- Resolving data issues received from outsourced provider following the reconciliation process.
- Tracking data issues and identified resolutions.
- Validating payroll solution reports.
- Providing regular (minimum weekly) progress reports to the Payroll Consultant.
- Attending meetings and workshops as required.
- Administering the monthly outsourced payroll provision including starters, leavers, payroll changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparing checking sheet for manual calculations for employees starting or terminating employment and all fixed pay instructions (e.g. basic salary changes, promotions, pay uplifts etc.).
- Maintaining accurate records in relation to sickness absence and pay due to employees. Inputting relevant deductions.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the offshore time writing system – adding new users, updating grade information, running the interface etc.
- Checking payroll information and data for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order.
- Raising payment requests for benefit invoices.
- Ensuring internal payroll deadlines are met and data extract is provided to the outsourced provider on time.
- Coordinating the automated data transfer from the HR Management System (HRMS) to outsourced payroll provider ensuring data security and accuracy.
- Investigating and resolving any payroll anomalies following processing of monthly payroll by the outsourced provider.
- Delivering the internal payroll approval process (eg monthly with the appropriate documentation/reports to meet audit requirements) and forward the sign off to the outsourced provider.
- Preparing the internal annual payroll deadline sheet in agreement with the outsourced provider.
- Focal point for any offshore time writing system queries from users and approvers.
- Providing training to offshore employees on how to use the offshore time writing system.
- Liaising with payroll provider to respond to employee queries.
- Supporting internal/external audits.
- Providing evidence/performance against the payroll KPIs.
- Creating and reviewing payroll policies and procedures and updating them as required.
- Audit the Oracle payroll system following any system updates (patches) to ensure legislation is adhered to.
- Providing support to the HR Team with non-routine payroll administration activities.
- Maintaining a current working knowledge of payroll practices and legislation and employment law legislation in relation to policies (i.e. maternity, holiday pay, statutory payments).
- Managing the payroll dashboard and process data analytics.
- Assisting with processing data for reporting to benchmark surveys.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team