Pipeline Engineer - VR/25370
Currently recruiting for an experienced Pipeline Engineer on a permanent staff or PAYE contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. Occasional offshore travel will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore. If contract is the preference, then only PAYE contractors will be considered.
The Pipeline Engineer will manage the ongoing integrity of pipelines (rigid and flexible), as well as all associated subsea and topsides equipment. The post holder will manage all regulatory and legislative aspects in line with a robust Pipeline Integrity Management System that prevents and mitigates Major Accident Hazards and provides compliance with PSRs. This role will require liaison and interfacing with third parties (owners and operators), as well as third party support vendors.
Reporting to the Principal Pipeline Engineer, the Pipeline Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical expertise and oversight on all pipeline matters relating to the Company assets, including setting related corporate policies and strategies.
- For defining, costing and delivering the pipeline integrity management programme in accordance with agreed strategies including: Pipeline pigging; Chemical Injection and performance through monitoring KPIs; and Inspection, maintenance, testing and recording of pipelines valve performance.
- Recording and assessing pipeline defects, including fitness for service.
- Managing and updating Pipeline Risk Assessments and all associated pipeline strategies.
- Proactively supporting, developing, and assuring a robust Pipeline Management System is in place.
- Holder, User, Owner, Operator (HUOO) reporting interface with the Oil and Gas Authority.
- Managing pipeline integrity data transfer between company and third-party operators.
- Developing an annual pipeline integrity report that summarises condition of company pipelines.
- Supporting, preparing and presenting to relevant regulator bodies the condition and management of pipeline infrastructure.
- Maintaining and updating pipeline registers of all operational and non-operational pipeline infrastructure, including maintaining PWAs.
- Providing pipeline input at asset AICM meetings.
- Highlighting if the subsea pipeline, flexible and ESDV / SSIV systems are detrimentally degrading and could become non-compliant with Company Performance Standards and regulatory expectations.
- As necessary, defining the requirements to reinstate or maintain the requirement of pipeline Performance Standard compliance.
- Preparing and updating regulatory notices and permits relating to subsea pipelines (HSE, DECC and pipeline owners / operators), including OGA, for infrastructure and span data.
- Providing technical assistance for the development of the company’s Pipeline Management System.
- Initiating, supporting and reporting on investigations for unplanned failures to promote learning and improvement in pipeline integrity management.
- Supporting the Principal Pipeline Engineer in the preparation, execution and review of pipeline inspection programmes, work-packs and individual inspection projects.
- Liaising with Asset Planners and Vessel Planning Specialist to ensure that pipeline inspection activities are fully included on the MTAP and near-term activity plans.
- Preparing, managing and forecasting inspection and inspection engineering costs as required by Principal Pipeline Engineer.
- Inputting inspection data in Coabis.
- Collating, recording and managing pipeline inspection data, video and CP records.
- Contributing in the preparation of design / engineering documentation.
- Reporting work progress status or non-compliance to the Senior Pipeline Engineer.
- Responsible for the generation of workpacks and study scopes.
- Providing input and supporting in HAZIDs, HAZOP’s and HIRAs.
- Arranging and performing offshore visits to platforms and diving / construction vessels, as necessary.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- CEng status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Pipeline Integrity Engineer type role is essential.
- 8+ years’ pipeline integrity experience – covering rigid, flexible and pigging – is essential.
- Extensive subsea pipeline and flexible pipeline system technical experience is essential.
- Previous Subsea Contractor / Consultancy experience is essential. Direct Operator experience would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a sound understanding of pipeline defect assessments (e.g. PDAM) and repair, in line with applicable design codes (e.g. ASME B31.8).
- Applicants will be expected to have a detailed understanding of the technical requirements associated with the design, procurement, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of pipelines, risers (flexible and rigid) and caissons.
- Demonstrable understanding of pipeline codes and regulations is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be proficient practitioners of Pipeline Risk Assessments.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a full understanding of pipeline defect types, morphology and in-service operating conditions.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team