Principal Engineer - Pipeline, Materials & Manufacture (PMM) - VR/25527
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Engineer - Pipeline, Materials & Manufacture (PMM) on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Company based in Westhill, Aberdeen.
The Principal Engineer – Pipeline, Materials & Manufacture will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading review during tender to ensure that client specific requirements are fully captured in the final technical requirements issued to the supplier.
- Performing and / or providing guidance and reviewing materials selection studies performed during FEED or tender. Advising the Project Team of the most appropriate selection for their project.
- Performing corrosion allowance review using the NORSOK and ECE models during tender to allow commercial assessment of competing solutions.
- Leading review of sub-contractor’s critical documentation such as ITP, MPS and technical procedures, ensuring that they are compliant against the agreed specification.
- Performing technical assessment to ensure correct material selection for project, including scopes for pipe, forgings, fittings and bends.
- Witnessing testing at subcontractors (including factory / fabrication tests, bend tests, corrosion tests) and attending project PPM / clarification meetings.
- Participating in first deployment / implementation of pipeline product and new materials.
- Collecting lessons learnt from project cost of non-quality incidents for materials to enable feedback into the engineering consolidation work stream.
- Effectively managing on-going R&D tasks that have been allocated by the PMM Technical Manager to ensure they are completed to forecast schedule and budget, leading the input from junior team members where allocated to the assigned scope of work.
- Providing input for the development of R&D proposals for future activities.
- Participating in product and process development activities, particularly where related to pipe / new pipe materials, and identifying new / key pipe product and materials opportunities.
- Preparing group procurement specifications and product governance documents, including managing the steering group review process prior to issuing new group standards.
- Writing technical documentation relating to company research and development activities.
- Leading junior team members in their efforts to maintain materials consolidation and pipeline property databases, ensuring track record of usage and performance of different materials / products is systematically captured.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Pipeline, Materials and Manufacture Engineer type role – within the oil and gas industry – is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team