Principal Process Engineer - VR/27065
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Process Engineer on a contract basis for a leading international service provider to the energy industry based in central Aberdeen. It is an initial 6-month contract position, and this role will likely be offered on a Limited Company basis. Hybrid / remote working opportunities will be available.
The Principal Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing engineering input to estimates for project work scopes.
- Providing input to progress and planning meetings.
- Participating in various engineering review meetings, such as HAZOP, LOPA, HAZID, etc.
- Providing technical expertise to specify modifications to existing equipment or purchasing new equipment, including: Pump systems; Compressor packages; Separation systems; Chemical injection skids; ESD system modifications; Metering packages; and Relief systems.
- Providing technical expertise to the resolution of technical queries, ensuring that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
- Producing calculations required for the role and participating in design reviews.
- Producing discipline documentation deliverables for inclusion in work packs.
- Providing a level of technical support that satisfies the appropriate Asset Safety Case and the PFEER performance standards, ensuring they are not compromised by any discipline engineering activities.
- Complying with company engineering procedures, as well as industry, international and client codes and standards.
- Ensuring that all work complies with the Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures in line with industry standards.
- Checking and approving engineering deliverables.
- Providing technical expertise to contribute to the production of discipline specific engineering deliverables, including: P&IDs and PFD; Process Line Lists; Technical Notes; Calculations; Datasheets; Technical reporting; Input to PEPs; and Cause and Effects Diagrams.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Chemical / Process Engineering Degree qualification is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Principal Process Engineer type role, directly with an EPC company within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team