Produced Water Lead Project Engineer - VR/27387
Currently recruiting for an experienced Produced Water Lead Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working a 36.5-hour week and this role will involve both offshore and international travel. The successful candidate will assist the PWT Manager, Sales Team and Operations Team in the deployment of produced water treatment systems, including the application of production chemistry.
The Produced Water Lead Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing sales support by assessing feasibility of projects requiring fluid separation and production chemistry influences.
- Conducting fluid characterisation surveys and producing water treatability studies of field installations and generate technical reports.
- Generating / maximising sales of Produced Water Technology services.
- Providing expert technical and analytical support globally on fluid characterisation and production chemistry.
- Deploying and developing the company’s Objective Root Cause Analysis (ORCA) services globally, including chemistry-related projects.
- Providing input on all ORCA-related services to internal and external customers.
- Conducting fluid process and optimisation studies in conjunction with fluid treatability and tie-in surveys for potential equipment mobilisation. Ensure the client is utilising best available technique / best environmental practice (BAT/BEP) for produced water treatment and discharge.
- Oilfield fluid analysis including, but not limited to, Oil-in-Water (OIW), Total Suspended Solids (TSS), BS&W, pH and palin test analysis (i.e., alkalinity, chlorine, COD, salinity, Total Dissolved Solids).
- Assisting Business Development team with proposals for technical PWT solutions to clients by providing appropriate technical data and production chemical knowledge.
- Providing input at client meetings to discuss potential chemistry issues, methods or analysis. Assisting with training staff and clients on lab-scale technology equipment, including knowledge on production chemistry and chemical analysis.
- Liaising with vendors to access improved products. Generating detailed reports – both operational and technical. Maintaining contact with client throughout project.
- Regularly attending client meetings to discuss mobilisations / future applications.
- Generating case history information on completed projects for Global Marketing Department.
- Calibrating analytical equipment and maintaining laboratory-scale technology equipment.
- Assisting with COSHH assessments and ensuring analytical and lab-scale technology equipment procedures are appropriate and up to date.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification.
- Experience with oil in water analysis and general water analysis.
- Experience with the principles of operating separation systems, both for oil & gas and produced water streams.
- Offshore experience.
- Knowledge of oil and gas fluid separation, including primary separators, hydrocyclones, compact flotation and other water treatment vessels.
- An understanding or production chemistry.
- A Project Management qualification.
- Offshore experience in a process and production chemistry role.
- Practical experience with the installation / operation of basic fluid handling equipment (hoses, valves etc).
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team