Project Accountant - VR/26527
Project Accountant required based in the City Centre on a permanent basis. As the commercial focal point for the client, you will be responsible for attending meetings, client monthly reporting, forecasting, monthly management accounts, budgeting, cost reporting, ommercial analysis, monitoring and providing feedback against performance and supporting the project teams as well as adhering to contract amendments and changes. Previous experience within a similar role is preferred as well as holding a degree, ERP knowledge and an understanding of contract law and documentation.
- Understanding the commercial terms and administration requirements for the allocated contracts to assist in managing and mitigating risks associated with contract delivery.
- Acting as the commercial focal point for the client commercial contact and attend client meetings as required.
- Preparing client monthly reports including but not limited to value of works, forecast of spend, commitments annual budgets, business plans and contract incentive schemes.
- Monitoring the on-going financial performance of each contract by preparing monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets and ensure all commercial and financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that internal cost reporting for the contract meets with corporate accounting and Commercial Department requirements and that ongoing analysis is being made to track recovery against costs and highlight and resolve any associated issues in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Projects Team by providing ongoing and regular commercial analysis and information regarding expenditures, commitments, forecasts and the financial performance of the contract.
- Monitoring and providing feedback relative to KPI performance and highlight areas where improvement is necessary to optimise financial return.
- Proactively providing advice and support to the Project Teams regarding the contractual and commercial aspects of the contracts.
- Checking accuracy of third party Invoices against subcontract agreements and approving same as compliance checker where required.
- Ensuring labour and third party reconciliations are done on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Identifying where contract amendments may be required to cover contract changes and provide support in their drafting and submission.
- Ensuring the contract commercial structure (i.e. sell rates) are updated as required and prepare the rates for the annual rate review process and for purposes of contract variations.
- Liaising with the Commercial Administrators to review invoices and ensure they presented to the client correctly and in a timely manner such that they are paid on the due date.
- Monitoring outstanding debtors and ensuring that any commercial problems are addressed, and that cash collection is optimised.
- Participating in contract reviews and ensure that specific commercial issues, risks and opportunities requiring management are understood and communicated.
- Providing commercial support in the preparation of tenders and new business proposals where required.
- Performing all tasks and prepare all information in accordance with the company’s policies, processes and procedures
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree qualified (preferably in quantity surveying / finance / accountancy).
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ERP knowledge.
- Understanding of contract law and management.
- Experience with budgeting, re-forecasting, cost-reporting and monthly accounts a
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation of contractual documentation.
- Experience in producing cost / commercial reports and analysis and reporting of variances / trends.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Oil and gas experience.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team