Project Co-ordinator – Digital Learning - VR/23798
TMM Recruitment have teamed up with one of the leading higher education institutions in Aberdeen to support them in finding a Project Coordinator - Digital Learning to support a major ongoing project look at the accessibility of online learning and rolling out new and enhanced systems across the organisation.
This fascinating opportunity will be on a 12 month fixed term contract basis and candidates who are able to start at short notice would be preferred. This role could be the ideal position for someone who has strong technological skills and knowledge, experience of working within a structured project environment and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
The Department for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Assessment (DELTA) supports the institution to implementing its strategic goals in teaching and learning. A key element of DELTA's work is to lead and manage projects designed to support academic schools and staff to enhance the student online learning and assessment experience.
The institution is committed to enhancing its reputation as a provider of high quality and inclusive digitally enhanced learning. This commitment to inclusivity obliges them to teach and assess students in ways which embrace diversity of learners and their varying learning needs. Key within this are accessible online learning experiences which enable students to engage with all of the opportunities offered by their course, thereby allowing every individual to fulfil their potential. Recent legislation on the accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies will directly affect the online materials provided via the Virtual Learning Environment.
This role will support DELTA’s work in developing accessible online learning, teaching and assessment through co-ordination of their Accessibility for Online Learning Project. This will be achieved by rollout of a new tool for online accessibility, and through working alongside academic staff, students, and support departments to plan and implement this work. As a Project Co-ordinator for Digital Learning, you will also be expected to contribute to other areas of project work including the co-ordination of online assessments and examinations, promotion of their ePortfolio system based on Mahara, and enhancement work for their Virtual Learning Environment.
Bringing experience of managing projects to successful outcomes, strong networking skills, and an understanding of the applications of technology for learning and teaching, you will be responsible for ensuring project activities are delivered on time and in a way which enhances the student experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Ensuring effective co-ordination of institutional digital learning and teaching projects. The post holder will deliver measurable enhancement to the student digital learning experience, ensuring there is a focus on achieving project outcomes and targets.
- Co-ordinating digital learning projects and activities, ensuring these are delivered on time and to expectations.
- Contributing to development of project plans and performance measures which can be used to monitor and report on the impact of project work.
- Contributing to research and analysis to inform and prioritise enhancement in digital learning, and to inform decision making.
- Planning and working with others to provide training and support enabling academic staff to achieve project goals.
- Liaising with stakeholders, project teams and networks of staff and students to promote and share effective practice in project areas.
- Reporting on progress to the Step Change Lead and the Head of DELTA.
- Very occasional travel in the UK maybe required, but due to current circumstances with the COVID pandemic this is unlikely to be a major element of the role.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in a relevant subject area.
An understanding of higher education is advantageous.
- Experience of co-ordinating projects - ensuring these are delivered on time, project management and reporting.
- Experience of applying technology to enhance the learning and teaching experience of students and academic staff.
- Experience of developing performance measures which can be used to monitor and report on the impact of own work and that of others.
- Experience of working across organisations to deliver a service or product.
- Experience of providing training to others.
- Understanding and experience of digital accessibility for online learning.
- Knowledge and experience of using virtual learning environments and associated learning technologies to support learning, teaching and assessment.
- Experience of working in higher education.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team